• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

Yea, I know its the wrong board, but I can't help myself. Just ran across this gem on the Bowers board. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this does seem a little ridiculous.

Must be a documented wedding gift to old Adolf and Eva.

#2 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:56 PM

Bruce, is there a link? blink.gif smile.gif Regards, Walter

#3 Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong

• Regular Group
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:00 PM

Try this

MP40

#4 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:03 PM

Holy crap, Batman! ohmy.gif It must have Goering's fingerprints rusted to it!! blink.gif ph34r.gif Regards, Walter

P.S. Thanks, Sumtingwong! smile.gif

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4626 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:11 PM

For that price it better have a little German broad named Inga to go with it! Either that or you better get a reach around! No kiss though.

#6 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3637 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:19 AM

and the all matched, mint mp-40 i sold four years ago for $6,500.00..........with original helmet,mag's and sling was a deal...........now they ask $27,000.00

when does the madness stop???????

i now want $25,000.00 for my factory original russian/bulgarian aksu-74.since there is only two of these in the u.s.a. and there are alot of mp-40's............

maybe we can start a trend!!! you think? take care,ron/colt21a

#7 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:19 AM

I have already editorialized regarding this particular sale on on the MP-40 Board and on further review of the ad I find it especially interesting to note that the seller uses the terms "none finer!" and "RARE FIND!" as descriptors (along with "original", etc.). Nowhere does the seller use NRA scale or percentage scale terms as is typical for firearms sales.

The sales language used in the ad is typical of terminology used for selling used Camaros, not vintage NFA weapons.

Draw your own conclusions.