28 replies to this topic

#21 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:15 PM

well....i never knew it was against ebay rules to end an auction early? can yopu point me towards this rule? the seller has the right at anytime to end an auction and there are several reasons you can pick from when you do so.....anything from the simple "item is no longer avalible for sale" to who knows what else thay have in their drop down reason to end the auction and cancel all bids....i guess if someone broke in and took it i would have to go out and find another just like it to sell to whoever is bidding...i think not....but i respect this board and everybody on it and it is in the main rules..no bitching..no flaming..etc etc..and i'm gonna follow those rules and be a happy member of this board...but i'm glad you guys voiced your opinions and got that off your chest....i'm also a proud power seller on ebay and pretty much know all their rules and have made many many sales and with only 1 neg feedback out of hundreds and its in the process of being removed aswell... biggrin.gif

#22 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:33 PM

Wolfer,
The funny thing is you already tipped your hand why you would prematurely end this (or any of your auctions) and your excuse, strangely enough, is in violation of ebay regs. Maybe you should have kept your excuse, that the item in question dissapeared into the fourth dimension, a secret until ebay followed up on you.

ebay rule:
Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated.

#23 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 10:39 PM

well....like i said....i learn something everyday...i'll check into that futher....i'm man enough to say i stand corrected...thank you... biggrin.gif

#24 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:20 PM

Ending Your Listing Early

Use this form to end your listing early. But remember - lots of bidders wait until the very last minute to bid. You may lose potential buyers by ending your listing early.
If you have bids on this listing, or if the Reserve Price has been met, you must cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder(s). You may choose on the next page. (Note: This does not apply if you are ending a listing in eBay's Real Estate category using the Ad Format, because no bidding occurs in this format).
.........................................................................................................................

""""If you have bids on this listing, or if the Reserve Price has been met, you must cancel all bids or sell to the high bidder(s).""""""""

YOU ARE RIGHT...I STAND CORRECTED.....Thanks for bringing it to my attention biggrin.gif

#25 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:38 PM

Ending early is just policy... The "legal" issue is passing on the 3% charge that PayPal charges... It is under the same laws that cover credit cards... although some ignore it..... ebaY™ was going to cancel 20 of my auctions unless I removed the PayPal surcharge, I argued they won.... Their suggestion was charge high, and discount for cash or check... I just tack on little extra for handling to cover it....

#26 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

i hear ya there....paypal fees aint to bad unless its a high dollar item...then you can feel them in your pockets...but thats how they make their money i guess...

#27 PATHFINDER

PATHFINDER

• Regular Group
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (wolfer113 @ Feb 17 2004, 10:03 PM)
"i like an honest guy..like to know where i stand with someone..."

I think a carnie calls that 'honest someone' a mark.

#28 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:53 AM

FWIW

The 1928 kit just sold there for damn near $1500.

You should do well too.

Bid like crazy!

ps - don't let ebay know your tactics. They will love to yank you off, especially if you are selling tommy stuff!

#29 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:56 AM

one 28 kit sold for 1,525 lastnight...impressive