I was never much of a joiner anyway.

#22 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2883 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 12:13 AM

Arthur,
Please take this as a compliment: You are worth the price of admission. biggrin.gif
Tom

#23 427sohc

427sohc

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:47 AM

this is the only gun board that i keep hearing that kahr is oned by the moonies cult,everyone on other gun boards says that its just bs.As far as kahr gun go i own a semi and i havent had a problem in over 3000 rds.yes,they could be made better,but so could alot of guns.I have a colt ar-15,1911a1,and a python. the ar-15 cost 1200.00 and is the biggest POS that ive ever owened.the 1911a1 is no better,If you think kahr messed up the thompson,I would hate to see what colt would do to it.ill bet it wouldnt even fire one round.

#24 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:22 AM

Since we've segued from dissing Kahr, of which I have not had any experience, to dissing Colt, I, on the other hand, can not say enough good things about the Colt guns I used to own (CAR-15, Targetsman - 60's) and currently own (SAA - 3rd Gen, Python - 70's, Targetsman - 70's, and 1911A1 - 2002 WWII continuation production). But, alas, no Colt made Thompson.

All have worked flawlessly and accurately. Fit and finish excellent. Actions far better than the Rugers and Smiths I've had. They have all cost more than I wanted to pay but I can not complain about what I got for the price (i.e., the value).

#25 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:33 AM

I have a colt ar-15,1911a1,and a python. the ar-15 cost 1200.00 and is the biggest POS that ive ever owened.the 1911a1 is no better,If you think kahr messed up the thompson, I would hate to see what colt would do to it.ill bet it wouldnt even fire one round

Your gun buying choices are indeed odd. Considering your disdain for Colt products, you continued to purchase them even after you estimated they didn't function. It wasn't until you hooked up with a Kahr replica "Thompson" that you found total bliss and harmony. I can only gather from this that you are a Hari Krishna and the Rev. Moon's version of a "Thompson" was a calling you could not resist. But don't question your affinity for Kahr because you have been in denial about the company's financial relationship with your spiritual leader.

#26 Motorcar

Motorcar

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:22 PM

AF!!
Point made! You are worth the price of admission! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#27 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 29 February 2004 - 04:56 PM

Motorcar; I show Kahr the same contempt that they have shown me. I blow my horn again, to others who have just bought at least the 1927a1, get ready, gather parts for the future......after a string of broken stuff, others may reach their limit, when say, they are crawling around the firing line, looking for the other half of the charging handle that just broke in half.....Sorry Motorcar, I'm not going to just 'take-it', I'm letting Kahr know, and warn others......'Others Beware!".......................jw

#28 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:20 PM

Tom & Motorcar,
Much obliged!

#29 427sohc

427sohc

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:46 PM

AF,the 2 colts i bought at the same time,the python was a gift and is a good gun.I would just like to see real hard facts that kahr is owned by this cult,im not a big kahr lover,but i would like to see facts if anyone has them. not trying to start any shit here. thanks.

#30 TAB

TAB

• Regular Group
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 04:46 PM

Not that this needs prolonging, but on the subject of parts- when the extractor broke i ordered two and asked Kahr to cover one under the warranty- they did. That's all I expected. I didn't tell them to send me some spare screws in case the rear sight base went south. I am sure i will regret that some day, lol. But for the sake of fairness- I bought their gun knowing there were QC issues....they are not the only company that has problems... As to making the gun run, I never intended relying on them or their warranty, and purchased with that knowledge. Had i not been acquainted with others experiences recorded here I might have been unpleasantly surprised, instead I knew what to expect and was not disappointed. And yes, I think it is irritating to spend 8-900 dollars on a gun and know that i may need to put a couple hundred more into it to make it run, or send it back to the shop a few times, but again, this seems to be the way of things too often theses days.