Colt Thompson sales

That seller had this Colt and a Savage Commercial for sale at good prices. I just received an email from him that both guns are being pulled. The Savage was cancelled but the Colt since it met reserve he is unable to pull. Basically the estate is feuding and refusing to sign the transfers now.

Serial Numbers:

S 23551 NAC

Colt 5086

TC

Edited by ThompsonCrazy

So the Colt Thompson isn't really available? I had figured out the number was 5080 or 5086 from one of the pictures. Damn I'm tempted to buy it but if they are feuding on the sale, it kind of sucks. I'd like to have a 1921A.

I like the whole setup, I wonder if the gun is original or refinished? Pity that it's up in the air on the sale status.

Ok, I read on there that it's the original finish, but I'm suspicious. There isn't a bit of wear on the actuator slot.

Edited by Dolphinvet

Didn't anyone notice that the same seller had both guns - in different states? One in Fl and one in GA?

Here is the NAC:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=354177168

It appears to me that someone has replaced the magazine catch and both fire control levers on the early Savage Thompson with the NAC serial number suffix. I would like a picture of the right side of the receiver. Let me know if it is re-listed.

I like the whole setup, I wonder if the gun is original or refinished? Pity that it's up in the air on the sale status.

Ok, I read on there that it's the original finish, but I'm suspicious. There isn't a bit of wear on the actuator slot.

Believe this particular Colt NO 5086 in 1976 was sold by Roger Cox or Law Enforcement Ordnance.

Took a quick scan of this board to see if I could find a flier from that time with NO 5086, with no luck.

Perhaps someone has a copy of a flier from Roger with his description.

It appears to me that someone has replaced the magazine catch and both fire control levers on the early Savage Thompson with the NAC serial number suffix. I would like a picture of the right side of the receiver. Let me know if it is re-listed.

I agree with your observations. The actuator is also incorrect for this serial number.

Whatever happened to the so-called "unfired" 1921 thompsons that were posted on Gunbroker for a long time, with prices of 89,000? Just thought about that, was checking on Gunbroker for 1921 Tommy's.

Guest title ii

Whatever happened to the so-called "unfired" 1921 thompsons that were posted on Gunbroker for a long time, with prices of 89,000? Just thought about that, was checking on Gunbroker for 1921 Tommy's.

Not sure what happened to those however this one I asked about a few years back when it was listed on gunsamerica and at the time the seller wanted 30K. Not sure what they area asking now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=354281165

Typical NAC that probably had pin style pivot and safety when first sold, along with a smooth actuator and cross bolt butt stock. Most folks later changed these items out for something a bit more original.

It's a shame that the guns now likely will not sell. I'd like to have known whether the NAC had matching serilal numbers.

That seller had this Colt and a Savage Commercial for sale at good prices. I just received an email from him that both guns are being pulled. The Savage was cancelled but the Colt since it met reserve he is unable to pull. Basically the estate is feuding and refusing to sign the transfers now.

Serial Numbers:

S 23551 NAC

Colt 5086

TC

This was just added to NO 5086 on GB

[information added 7/17/2013 9:17:11 AM] This gun was in an estate and the heirs asked me to sell it for them. One of the sons has just decided he doesn't want to sell, and has refused to give me permission to do so, so please don't bid any more on this gun, I cannot get a signature on the Form 4 to transfer it to anyone. Sorry for all the inconvenience, it is causing me a lot of trouble.

Not sure what happened to those however this one I asked about a few years back when it was listed on gunsamerica and at the time the seller wanted 30K. Not sure what they area asking now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=354281165

I put it on my watch list so I can see what it goes for on reserve.