9 replies to this topic

#1 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:09 AM

I'll PayPal $50 to you if you have proof of who keeps reporting my 28 kit ebay as a firearm...must have solid proof...you can email me at ibewolfer@aol.com mad.gif

#2 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:57 AM

Look at all the other auctions big guy.... Get an orange thingie for the barrel and put specifically that it follows BATF guidelines... Also why do you think someone turned you in? Probably was an ebaY™ jack booted employee, who's job is to just search out such items..... Good luck....

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:41 AM

Wolfer, ebay has jack boots that word search for things like that and then if the wording isn't perfect...zappo! They say it's a illegal ebay item and pull it. You have to use words like "meets BATF rules" or "cannot be made to fire" , things like that.

#4 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:00 PM

wolfer maybe it was one of the guys who e-mailed you on clips you had been selling,then you posted here they were all sold already.some thompson guys get real buggy......about things like that.........and i think a few here sure not too happy about the way you posted thing's............{seem's like i did read that someplace here}

remember thompson guys are a fickle bunch sometime's.....i should know real well had 35 year's of dealing with them....................

{now it's time for somebody to chime in on how much i know,or how cheap things {gun's and goodie's}in the good ole days>} anyhow just my five cent's of inflation on the question asked.............

now don't take it as gospel...................good luck with the sale's..............everybody always will buy something.have a good 2004.............ron

oh yeah can't forget> take care!!!

#5 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:00 PM

good idea...but i have sold hundreds of kits on ebay and have never had a problem.....i have friends that have sold hundreds of kits also..no problems.....thats what makes me think someone is reporting it....oh well...its sold anyways.....made real good on it....didn't i sell my 30rd mags to someone from this board?? i can't find any emails or anything as to who it was....if you bought them...please email me at ibewolfer@aol.com Thanks

#6 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:08 PM

LOL...yea i'm with you on that ron....kinda what i was thinking...thats why i posted here about it......i get pretty upset when someone messes with my money....it wasn't just about the money i would have made on the kit..its the parts i have bought and have to pay for with that money! i have a supply guy and he gives me good deals..real good deals...i always double and triple my money easy...so they was really messing with about 6 grand ....thats enough to me to get ugly over..very ugly...lol

#7 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:10 PM

Hey Wolfer, I was the one who reported you. Is my word proof enough? I'll send you an email where you can forward that $50.00 PayPal!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#8 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:21 PM

At first I was pretty upset with Ron's and wolfer's accusations... But thinking back just a few days ago, we had some people ready to turn a board member into authorities over a box....... So yea maybe we do have a few of those type people milling around here... But I still think you're wrong saying it is a Thompson thing.... I think it's just a people thing... jmho

"i have sold hundreds of kits on ebay and have never had a problem"

Spoke like a true gun guy

#9 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:23 PM

my bad mistake,its a people with thompson thang!!!

or my new term "THOMPSON GREED"

if you see this or anything like it on the board i coined it..........................wink!!

just like forry ackerman and the sci-fi thing............

but GOD forbid we should know about famous monster's magazine..........or sgt.rock comic's or sarge fury and his howling commando's....................

i had to throw that in to sway us off this bitter subject.....warning warning will robinson..........

take care,colt/21a or ron

#10 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:37 PM

LOL......maybe this reward thing was a bad idea....lol....you gotta have solid proof! lol...i've chilled out now..its sold and made good on it....lastnight i was ready for blood....your right...its not thompson people...its PEOPLE in general....oh well....but doing things like that could end up being a dangerous thing...its very easy to find people and find out who done what on the internet these days....i have been known to make a scene when i get ill.....if i find out for sure who was doing it....well...pay back is hell is all i'll say.....no biggie...its over....what goes around comes around...BUT..WHO DID I SELL THESE 30 rd MAGS TO????????