7 replies to this topic

#1 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2952 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:48 AM

I ran across this while surfing the net:

Thompson Sub Macine Gun 1921 Colt Model 1921 A. Unbelievable! Serial No. 6008. Original blue, untouched up, 50 and 100 round drums, FBI case and all accessories. $ 96,000. This is an original museum piece.

Thompson Sub Macine Gun 1941 Savage NIB. Model 1928 AC. Unbelievable! Serial No. S-164830 NAC. Only one. $ 26,900.

Here is the address:

http://www.prestigearms.com/

At these prices, one would think the seller could spell "machine" correctly.
Arthur, how many C drums do you think are included?

#2 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:53 AM

ohmy.gif HOLY MOLY! ohmy.gif

He's not joking!

#3 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

TD,
That ad as been there for a stretch. I guess he figured that the need to alert the public post haste about these amazing one-of-a -kind Colt/Savage Thompsons' negated the time it would take to proof read his copy. I'm guessing a minimum of a dozen perfect C drums are included.

#4 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3637 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:58 PM

i will take two with a side order of slaw burn two hold the mustard...........ummm!! ron out of respect.............

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:18 PM

Well, I guess it's time to sell the house and pick up a couple of these beauties!! tongue.gif I can live in an suv!!! Maybe I can sell the dog and rent the kids out to the highest bidder!!! blink.gif In a couple of years, I can double my money and buy my house back!! laugh.gif Regards, Walter

P.S. Call it, 'Thompson greed'! cool.gif "Of course, I'm joking!",Walter.

#6 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1634 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:26 PM

There was a string on another TMSG for sale and I posted this very same gun #6008 as an example of a very expensive gun.
This is a response I received from Arthur back in early January. Apparently there is some history there.

Sig,
The "Midas" TSMG managed to get $85K, only because of the rediculous media exposure hatched by J. Curtis Earl since 1973. This Colt #6008 does have some legit history to it. It was owned by E.E. Richardson, Auto-Ord salesman. Herigstad has it listed as 98% condition in his book, but he is just repeating the condition described in the sale advertisement back in 1995. But that kind of peripheral history would not demand $98K, regardless of the fraud perpetrated with the "Midas" gun. He also wants $27K for a NAC gun! What is that figure based on?

#7 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:29 PM

Prestige Arms has a reputation for nice stuff price 4-5 years ahead of the market. Buy now and be happy in 2009! They run a small classified ad in SGN almost every issue.

#8 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:51 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Randall, you are priceless!

JR