Kahr 1927 A1 Range Report

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:48 PM

I know you full auto guys won't care much, but I did get Kahr to fix my 1927 A1 right this time. The gun functioned flawlessly until the second to last magazine and I got 1 double feed with Winchester white box 230 grain bullet ammo. I wasn't holding the gun very firmly because I was getting tired after shooting about 500 rounds in one session. The accuracy was amazing and most groups were 2" or less. I had fun finallly with this gun and it seems like it is on the road to being a keeper. biggrin.gif

Edited by The Virginian, 25 February 2004 - 12:49 PM.

#2 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:13 PM

VERY PLEASED TO HEAR!

#3 TAB

TAB

• Regular Group
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:49 PM

Well you've broken it in a bit haven't you? tongue.gif Glad they fixed it. I would check your sight screws, unless you've already done something with them. A lot of them tend to loosen if not set with loctite or such.

#4 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

Glad to here that they got running good for you.

The 27A1 is fun to shoot.

I would imagine that your trigger finger was aching after 500 rounds! huh.gif

Norm

#5 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:17 PM

laugh.gif Great; I'n a week or so, email Kahr & tell them the firing pin broke,,,Then in a month, the extractor broke,,,etc. rolleyes.gif ,.In this way, you will have the parts you will need, when they do break........Just a suggestion...(I shot mine today also,all LRN)...........jw

#6 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

Junglewalk, That is sooo sneaky. Hee!
Virginian, Congrats on getting a nice reliable 27. The accuracy was one of the things that surprised me, when I first got my 27 going.

#7 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:32 PM

A guy at the range that has a full auto M1 said he could not believe how accurate it was either. I am glad that this thing is finally holding together and is able to shoot as well as it has. The trigger seemed to smooth out a bit as I shot the gun more and more and I wonder if that had to do with the gun heating up as much as it did. I will try to take it out again next weekend to see if it still holds together.