Ot: Night Vision Goggles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:24 PM

A friend is looking for a pair of Night Vision goggles to use for paintball - looking in the $200 range, anyone have a good source for these? Thanks!

#2 Bill in VA

Bill in VA

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

Lots of decent Soviet/ComBloc stuff floating around on the market these days, but I doubt you'll find much for only $200. Cabela's seems to have a fair supply of NV and of course, being Cabela's he shouldn't have any warranty issues. If your friend likes to tinker, I have a spare set of NVG I'm not sure what to do with. I know nothing about this particular set (Fero-52-ZUB) and don't even know if they work since I can't seem to find out anything about them. (3 volts may not be enough to power them up.) If your interested you can contact me off-list, otherwise, I'll just hang on to them for future trading material.

#3 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:39 PM

The cheap stuff is junk. The good stuff (third and fourth generation) is way expensive.

#4 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:41 PM

I have a set of ITT 3Rd Generation Binoculars. They work GREAT!! Love 'um...

#5 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:41 PM

Thanks guys, this is the same clown that wanted me to get him a new laptop for under $500 laugh.gif He's just gonna have to buck-up and spend the money or just play during the day time like normal people! biggrin.gif

We are playing the D-Day scenario again this year... its 24 hours straight, and we got our asses beat last year in the dark mad.gif

http://www.skirmish.com/scenario.html