Cheapest Full Auto Thompson

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 The Virginian

The Virginian

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:55 PM

Guys, I am only the owner of a semi-auto right now, but would like to try to get into the entry level of the full auto club...legally of course! And I am interested how much a post WWII full auto might run me, low and high side today.

Thanks.

#2 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

a post go's for between 800.00 to 1,500.00 if you can find one anymore,ohio ord had some of the last 28's and m1a1's,i have not talked to bob in a week,and did not ask if he had anymore left.....

but probably not,since i think he removed them about six months ago or longer from his ad's.............good luck in the search.............ron

#3 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

Uh Ron, think your prices are in the post 86 sample range, not post WWII transferable range. laugh.gif

#4 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

Can you say oxymoron? "cheapest full auto Thompson" Nothing is cheap... Probably 8K but keep your eyes open and some cheaper buys are out there... One cavet though, you need to try and get locked in now as prices will continue to spiral upwards until supply catches demand.....

#5 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:47 PM

Just got off the phone with a buddy, he just sold his 1921 Colt for 25K.

He has a Guide lamp M3 pre-86 sample for $7400.00 if anyone is up for it.

#6 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:49 PM

Bob,
Was that $25K for the gun alone, or with accessories? Could you estimate the condition also?

#7 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Bob @ Feb 26 2004, 05:06 PM)
Uh Ron, think your prices are in the post 86 sample range, not post WWII transferable range. laugh.gif

oh !!stupop! me stupid! me stupid me! a post ww2 gun.....................wow!! see my mind works in messteerious ways..........................me thinkin post dealer sample...............

he is meaning wes/hurlee's.............since post ww2 would mean manufactured after the war.............or those n.a.c.gun's.................the really rare model's........now bringin wha!! 50,000??????

i will let the r.k.i.'s chime in............i am only a man of respect.................wink!!ron

#8 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (The Virginian @ Feb 26 2004, 03:55 PM)
Guys, I am only the owner of a semi-auto right now, but would like to try to get into the entry level of the full auto club...legally of course! And I am interested how much a post WWII full auto might run me, low and high side today.

Thanks.

See the FAQ. Entry level will be in the 8k range, as others have said. Some lucky dawgs get them for 4k, but far and few between......

#9 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

Arthur, it was rated at 93-95%, wood perfect, and no accessories.

#10 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 08:44 PM

Bob,
That is what I thought. It seems the $25K figure, even outside of an auction, is easily recognized for a nice Colt. It may be that an increase of $5K to $7K over the last 10 months or so is where the Colt TSMG is at. Naturally, all Class III has followed suit to some degree or another.

#11 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 26 February 2004 - 10:53 PM

Just paid $19,500 for a 21ac in 85 - 90 % condition. #4xxx