Thompson "cap Submachine Guns"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 SgtMartin

SgtMartin

• Regular Group
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:00 PM

for the record, i have a deac, and even though i cant fire it (DUE TO IT BEING ILLEGAL TO HAVE LIVE SMGS) i still love it to bits.
i also just ordered a pfc 'cap' M1 Carbine that is in the mail currently. which i can see also to be a prized possesion. (heres the exact one)
i may not be a child anymore, but i still love playing with my 'toys'...

#22 Waltz41

Waltz41

• Regular Group
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:30 AM

hey guys,
where's the best place to get one of the 'cap' guns? i want to get either a display thompson with working parts or one of the thompson cap guns. any suggestions to what is better? any major differences (besides one fires :-) and yes, for the record, i can't afford a 'real' thompson that fires right now, so one of these will have to do!

brian

#23 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 22 March 2004 - 02:42 PM

Phil, a friend of mine just received a Danish M1 Garand through the CMP. Bore was good, and overall the Rifle was in VG+.

#24 Poprivit

Poprivit

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

What's a good dollar range for a MGC cap gun? I don't want it to make noise, just to hang on the wall.

#25 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:29 PM

Thank You, PhilOhio! It took two pages of posts to get an answer to my question. As to where to look, I've seen them on eBay for $400 and up. The higher prices for the M-1A1 version.

#26 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:09 PM

Thanks the compliments on my website Phil! I do need to update it soon, maybe this weekend... speaking of MGC "Thompson" prices,I just bought an MGC "Thompson" from a seller on ebay for $175.00 shipped! so the deals are out there if you look! So, keep looking one will show up...

#27 SgtMartin

SgtMartin

• Regular Group
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:55 AM

im unsure of the shipping rules etc, however model guns .co.uk is a goodone and collector is also a good place to look.
i just ordered my mgc m1 carbine off modelguns.co.uk and it should be here tomorrow hopefully. i sall be posting pics if anybody is interested.