Jump to content

- - - - -

Horizontal Grop Id

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cavediver


    Long Time Member

  • Regular Group
  • 221 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Copperhill, TN
  • Interests:All types of full auto weapons, Cannons and hunting.

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

I bought a Horizontal Foregrip at a gunshow and it has an S stamped in the front. Is it Savage? Thatt would be my guess. I also bought a butstock, Where would the markings be on that?
Charles Burrage
  • 0

#2 Bob


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Board Benefactor
  • 739 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Wa. and AZ.

Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:37 PM

"S" would be Savage, but most I think were stamped on the rear end.
Code for the butt stock should be stamped under the sling swivel or in the inlet area for the receiver.
  • 0

#3 colt21a


    Respected Member

  • Regular Group
  • 4259 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:U.S.A.
  • Interests:Everything IN GUNS AND HISTORY

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

don't forget the big -S- rare code,for homer simpson......

i think those grips now sell for about $1,000.00 each even dented, dinged, and burnt up.......

if you havea mint cond. one............you can trade it for a c-drum.........yep thats the magic....................wink!! ron
  • 0