The Aw/mag Ban, Today In Senate !

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:57 PM

mad.gif Remember, we HAVE to stop Kerry, too!

#22 Hurridale

Hurridale

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:09 PM

LSU Tiger,

Bush made a big thing about signing the ban if it got to him. Six in one, half dozen in the other as far as I'm concerned.

DC

#23 Chopper28

Chopper28

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Class III stuff and Harleys

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

So does this mean that the AWB will sunset in Sept. along with the high cap. magazine ban? Will gun Parts be able to sell the L drums for a fair price again?

#24 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:57 AM

WE DIDN;T GET ENOUGH VOTES!!! LETS HAVE A RECOUNT UNTIL WE WIN IT!!!!!! didn't gore teach us all we could do that?? lol

#25 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:59 AM

NO CHOPPER.....IT MEANS WE GOT SCREWED AGAIN....our only hope is that the house shoots it down......as far as i know....??????????

#26 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:09 AM

One thing I found out was how the elected senators from NC voted. I had my doubts about Sen. Dole, but she voted against the BS AWB and the nonsence gunshow loophole. I noticed she also voted against the blantant 1st amendment violation in the guise of campaign finance reform and the incumbant protection act.
On the other hand, the demo president wannabe 'looser' John Edwards voted for ALL of the above farces. I believe he voted for the AWB and the GSL to kill the bill. Heck, why shoud he vote against it, he got rich from other people's pain and suffering. He would be killing his cash cow.

wolfer113, we need to be just like Gore, and take this to the activist judges to make legislation on this bill if we cannot get it to pass in the ligitimate Govt. branch wink.gif . Seriously, this fight is not over, and I for one will not become an unarmed subject like our Englishter counterparts.

Scott

#27 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:24 AM

huh.gif M1Tommy; I am so glad you pointed out how Senator Dole voted; She was always mushie on guns in the past, but now she has done the right thing; So glad to see the wife of a great WWII Hero come to the right side of the force; Gun owners in NC can now really get behind her; What a great lady, now, in all ways.... wink.gif
Now Sen.Olimpia Snowe of Maine, back in 94 voted against the AW/Mag ban, this time voted for it. She has become contaminated with liberalism...Time for you Maine voters to clean the infection................it's a jungle out there........jw

#28 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:04 PM

The one thing that is perhaps even more painful than watching anti-gun senators like Feinstein, Schumer, Kennedy, and Reed stand up on the floor of the Senate and release a torrent of mistruths and distortions regarding guns, is to have "our side" ineffectively and timidly respond with weak arguments.

Sen. Larry Craig was absolutely eloquent in presenting an honest, factual, and concise response to the contorted "logic" and emotional rhetoric that was presented by the anti-gun crowd, and should be commended for his efforts.

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to call Sen. Craig's office (202-224-2752) and express your thanks for the superb job he did in representing gun owners and defending the Second Amendment. While you're at it, consider sending a donation to his campaign fund. Even if you don't live in Idaho, you will be helping a staunch pro-gun voice remain in office.

Sen. Larry Craig Campaign
P.O. Box 2754
Boise, ID 83701

In addition, Sen. George Allen of Virginia, who is undoubtedly going to be subject to very hostile criticism from anti-gun groups for his last-minute decision to vote against the ban, could use our thanks and encouragement too (202-224-4024). Sen. Allen had indicated in prior correspondence with constituents that he would support renewing the ban, but just a day before the vote, changed his position on the issue, saying "I have concluded, after a review of the evidence, that this symbolic ban of 19 firearms chosen for cosmetic reasons is a meaningless, toothless law that has virtually no impact on crime."

While every single vote against the ban deserves our thanks, Sen. Allen's bold turnaround has drawn the ire of the anti-gun lobby, and they will try to use this against him in his 2006 re-election bid... a hefty campaign warchest will help him fight back against these attacks.

Sen. George Allen Campaign
Attn. Tom Benedetti
1805 Monument Ave.
Suite 203
Richmond, VA 23220

And, of course, do not forget to call your own senator and express your thanks or disappointment for their vote on the AWB renewal. Here is how senators voted Tuesday on adding the AWB renewal to S.1805:

Alabama:
Sessions (R-AL), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Nay

Alaska:
Murkowski (R-AK), Nay
Stevens (R-AK), Nay

Arizona:
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
McCain (R-AZ), Nay

Arkansas:
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea

California:
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea

Colorado:
Allard (R-CO), Nay
Campbell (R-CO), Nay

Connecticut:
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea

Delaware:
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea

Florida:
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea

Georgia:
Chambliss (R-GA), Nay
Miller (D-GA), Nay

Hawaii:
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea

Idaho:
Craig (R-ID), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Nay

Illinois:
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea

Indiana:
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea

Iowa:
Grassley (R-IA), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Yea

Kansas:
Brownback (R-KS), Nay
Roberts (R-KS), Nay

Kentucky:
Bunning (R-KY), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Nay

Louisiana:
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Nay

Maine:
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea

Maryland:
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea

Massachusetts:
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Michigan:
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea

Minnesota:
Coleman (R-MN), Nay
Dayton (D-MN), Yea

Mississippi:
Cochran (R-MS), Nay
Lott (R-MS), Nay

Missouri:
Bond (R-MO), Nay
Talent (R-MO), Nay

Montana:
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Burns (R-MT), Nay

Nebraska:
Hagel (R-NE), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Nay

Nevada:
Ensign (R-NV), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Nay

New Hampshire:
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Nay

New Jersey:
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea

New Mexico:
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Nay

New York:
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea

North Carolina:
Dole (R-NC), Nay
Edwards (D-NC), Yea

North Dakota:
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea

Ohio:
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea

Oklahoma:
Inhofe (R-OK), Nay
Nickles (R-OK), Nay

Oregon:
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Pennsylvania:
Santorum (R-PA), Nay
Specter (R-PA), Nay

Rhode Island:
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea

South Carolina:
Graham (R-SC), Nay
Hollings (D-SC), Yea

South Dakota:
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Not Voting

Tennessee:
Alexander (R-TN), Nay
Frist (R-TN), Nay

Texas:
Cornyn (R-TX), Nay
Hutchison (R-TX), Nay

Utah:
Bennett (R-UT), Nay
Hatch (R-UT), Nay

Vermont:
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea

Virginia:
Allen (R-VA), Nay
Warner (R-VA), Yea

Washington:
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea

West Virginia:
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea

Wisconsin:
Feingold (D-WI), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Yea

Wyoming:
Enzi (R-WY), Nay
Thomas (R-WY), Nay

http://www.awbansunset.com

#29 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:30 AM

Lionhart; This last post of yours should be glued to the top of this whole site, up there where Nick has the permanent info at; So we all can see for each state how each senator voted, and remember for next time......We will remember, some of them want us to forget, come November..........jw

#30 TAB

TAB

• Regular Group
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:53 AM

I'll be da-ned. The New Yorker from Minnesota voted nay.

Sadly, there seems a very clear division in states, and it would seem along rural versus urban lines.

I wonder how long Feinstein would last on these high plains where 30 miles is nothing and nature doesn't care about race, creed, politics or gender or religion....

Beauty is never so poignant as when its raiments offer no security. You'd think some people would want to live forever in a zoo from the asinine fearful laws they try to pass. And that would be a non partisan statement.

T