Photo
- - - - -

Thompsons At The Gold Vault, Ft.knox,ky..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:The 98k rifle, MP-40 & 44; the Thompson.......reloading, HO scale military miniatures.......

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:18 AM

My house is among others, that are the closest homes to the Gold Vault, next to Ft.Knox, Ky. Now they are cutting down a wooded area for a VA Veterans cemetary, and soon I'll be able to see the while granite Gold Vault from my living room window. smile.gif
I found this photo, among others of the building of the Vault, and the arrival of the gold in 1937. The Treasury agent,2nd from left,is holding a Thompson,& looks like it only has a mag in it. The other agents got shot guns, but the soldier on the right has what looks like, a Tommy in his right hand(too dark). The open doors on this side of the vault, weigh 15 tons each. I have other photos of this gold movement, of which, Army trucks & armored cars were use, and am examining them for Thompsons................
Wonder if these Thompsons were released for civilian sale? huh.gif
user posted image

#2 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 780 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:19 AM

A great discovery.....wait, I think I see....disguised as one of the agents....
a young Auric 'GOLDFINGER'... must of been an early attempt to covet the Fort Knox booty. And speaking of booty, Pussy.... oh Pussy...come here... Miss. Galore, I have something for you, no thats not a roll of quarters in my pocket... Ha! laugh.gif

Mike Hammer