14 replies to this topic

#1 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1020 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:19 AM

Attended the Ohio Gun Collector's Assosiation show in Wilmington, Ohio yesterday. Guy selling nothing but mags and clips had three (3) Thomspon 18 shot "shot mags" for sale at $50.00 each! blink.gif I was greedy and bought all three. ph34r.gif I was even more greedy and sold two before I left the show. biggrin.gif Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once and a while. What a find!

#2 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 10:54 AM

DOH! - Homer Simpson

Good find!

Norm

#3 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:20 PM

Man and I was there !!!! Sure missed those in all the bins. Did see two patent mags for $50 ea and two 9MM TSMG mags for $70 ea. They had a Thompson display that was pretty good including three 1921's, a 21/28 overstamp, a 30.06 Thompson (you read right), a stainless M1 TSMG and and few others that I can't remember. I suppose I should have been looking for more 18 rd shot mags and not at the display. Great find !!!!!!!!!!

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

Ok, I guess I could give you $75 for one if you insisted.

#5 Ron Mills

Ron Mills

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1249 posts
  • Interests:All Thompson models and accessories

Posted 14 March 2004 - 04:00 PM

I dream of those finds. You probably got the last three on the planet!

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 04:10 PM

Hawk, go back and get both those 9mm for $70 each. Hell I'll send you the money!!
Oh and by the way WOOOOHOOOO!! 1000 posts!!
Man do I need a life or what!?

#7 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

Shees, I went to a gunshow here in Asheville this weekend and did not find anything Thompson except some overpriced magazines and two M1 buttstocks. I did buy one of the buttstocks as it was still in its wrapper and the seller wanted $20 for it. I could not find any spare parts there. It is hard to find any parts down here. I will have to keep looking. Oh yea, there were a couple Kahr semis there, nothing else.

Scott

#8 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2086 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:22 PM

Funny, the show I went didn't have much either. The guy who has a 1927 A3 was there , but he didn't bring the gun! Says it is a original .22 semi, with the round drum. Claims someone ( someone who always has a table at the Silverdome show? Phil???) from the Detroit area offered $3100 for it on the spot, and he refused.

Do those have to be registered in any way? It is my understanding that only the full auto/conversions were registered - or should have been - and the semis would not be.

Realistically (not just Authur-istically! biggrin.gif ) what might this thing be valued at - since it is one of the "rarest" as previously mentioned? I doubt he will sell it, I'm just curious. And what was the total production - and how many might be full auto now? Any ideas??

Thanks!

#9 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:11 PM

Holy shit!! The guy turned down $3100 for that turd!? What a foooll! I just saw one for $1000 bucks a couple weeks ago at Louisville. I couldn't believe the guy wanted that much. If he's here in Indy, I may buy it and pass it on to some sucker, er, interested party for say $2500. I bought the last .22 semi I had for $250 or $300 and traded it for a WWII Colt pistol.
Mike, they do not have to be registered in any special way. They are just another .22 rifle. Unless it's FullAuto.

#10 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

Mike 1000 posts is the limit, you can not post any more.. sorry buddy tongue.gif

#11 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

bummer....ok. Does anybody have a suggestion for a new name I can pen under? Can I re-register?

#12 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:33 PM

Mike ,...don`t you know it`s impolite to point?...1000 posts!...does that make you a `Double Secret Knight`?...pretty cool stuff...but re-register?..NO!...You will always be..full auto 45,in my book...come on Nick,give the kid a break,out. wink.gif

#13 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:01 AM

i was only kidding... posting keeps mike from shooting innocent inanimate objects! Mike is a lifer here smile.gif

#14 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Nick. And no it won't stop the poor little objects. Oh, I'm working on the "Death of a Computer" video now. I know everyone has wanted to do this to their's at some point! It's coming so be patient. I'm trying to get it to a reasonable size to post on the web site.

#15 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:06 AM

I am able to keep the cash flow low. That is I am actor, producer, director and I supply the firearms. The only thing that is supplied by a out source is the victims. But those are usually a donation. You know a tax deductable donation to the church of Thompson. Reverend Mike at your service.