Cdnn Thompson Mags.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, history, science fiction, old movies.

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:04 AM

I got three of the XX's Monday from Sportsman's Guide. They appear to be usable with about 60% blue left but I still have to clean them up to be sure, nothing special but worth the price since I can't find them at the shows here. They'll at least take up the available space in my Fox case, if nothing else. They were marked Seymour or SWCO at 2:1.

#22 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:29 AM

T.N. Frank,

The XX's I got from Sportsman's were not functional.

#23 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:58 AM

WOW, I'm starting to think I should just break down and buy the "new" mags at $30 each from Northridge. Even if I got fewer mags at least I could be assured that they'd be new. I think I'll call Northridge and see what they've got in stock. cool.gif

#24 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:55 PM

At least Sportsmans' is standing behind their product. I e-mailed them last night, and just received a response -- which is pretty fast in comparison to most companies. They are sending me a prepaid return sticker and aplogized for the quality of the mags.

#25 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:02 PM

One thing can be said for Sportsman's, they will stand behind their products. A few months ago they had XX's for around $14 and I ordered 10. Most were well used with 60% or less original bluing remaining; two were actually patent date mags !! However, two were unservicable and after a phone call they promptly sent me a postage paid return sticker. I opted for replacements and when they arrived one was of the 60% variety while the one was in the wrap soaked in cosmoline. The mag appears new or nearly new and had the witness holes soldered shut. I've left it in the wrap for whatever reason, having plenty of servicable mags. I feel I got my moneys worth !!