Demise of Colt # 13689

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 K-9Dogo

K-9Dogo

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

I'm sad to report that Colt # 13689 has been sent to a early grave..All I know is that it had been confiscated some years ago. And was being held at a local PD, When they got it the barrel had aready been plugged and welded. A old dewat ? I only found out about it acouple months ago .And yesterday they told me ,they had no use for it .And into the fire it went,complete.  It wasnt listed in Gordons book.So its travels are unknown.

#2 brazos609

brazos609

Long Time Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

If you had posted the detailed info about it, what department, it is possible the outcome could have been different.  Someone notifying the city manager, county commissioner, auditor, purchasing officer... and telling them it's value or flat out offering them thousands of dollars it is possible they would have auctioned the parts.

#3 K-9Dogo

K-9Dogo

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:03 PM

In a earlier post ,I had mentioned it ....On this one the LT told me about it and poof it was gone.. I think he didnt even realize what they were gonna do.

#4 wv1928

wv1928

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's and all other guns especially full auto's.

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:36 PM

What a shame.

#5 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4843 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

A sad story...I've updated its status on the Gordon Herigstad Memorial Colt Serial number pinned post...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com