Reproduction Canvas Carry Cases

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:42 PM

Bummer, was hoping for a more positve report but thanks for the heads up. Guess this is another testimate to good ol MADE IN THE U.S.A. rather than going the wal*mart way and having everything made in the 2nd or 3rd world by slave/convict labor. Maybe some board member who's as handy with a sewingmachine as Deerslayer is with wood will give us a close copy for those of us with WH or plan to take them to renactments and get them filthy dirty.

BB

#22 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2061 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:50 AM

Here is the "100% Original"....

http://cgi.ebay.com/.....MEBWA:IT&rd=1

Thompson greed or stupid buyers, who knows.

#23 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3453 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:52 AM

GiantP,
Stupid buyers? So far there are no takers.

#24 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 14 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

From Evil bay, this looks like the ones your talking about. Told me he got it at Knob Creek.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=ADME:B:SS:US:1

#25 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:38 PM

It looks like the case which I received from IMA - at least he was able to get the snaps open, something I found almost impossible to do. One of the snaps ripped out of the fabric. Mine case is on the way back to IMA.

Quality it is not!

The price from IMA is right if the snaps worked - Its a copy,always will be a copy...

#26 Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Roland, Headless Thompson Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, Garands, All things WW2, Corsairs, Classic Guitars, Sex, Guns and Rock & Roll

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:29 PM

Looks like the 79.00 bag is now up to 153.00 on Ebay. Whatever the market will allow...

#27 pmlogg

pmlogg

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:35 PM

If the $650 for the case advertised on Ebay is a stupid price what are the cases normally going for?

I understand that in England some have been available at £425, around $765 U.S. at current exchange rates.

#28 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:07 PM

The replacement case arrived. The snaps work and the case looks great. Not an original, but not bad.

I see that the cases are appearing on Ebay - the problem is the case would pass for an original if the buyer has never seen or owned a original case.

I would purchase again