Reproduction Kerr Slings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JDG

JDG

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:51 PM

Some time ago, someone on this board was discussing where they had purchased a repro Kerr sling. I am looking for the same, I tried the Search function but didn't find what I was looking for, might have screwed that one up though. I see Kerr slings on Ebay but I'm not looking for a $60. sling, just something that would look period correct for my '28 and most importantly, be functional at the range. Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated.

#2 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 997 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 28 March 2004 - 05:20 PM

http://www.wargamecl...m=KM-TPS_srch_1

#3 Gunner

Gunner

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 10:58 PM

I bought one several months ago, and I'm very happy with it. First, I should point out that it's a repro of the sling that was specifically designed for the Thompson, not the earlier sling designed for Springfields and pressed into service for Thompsons. The repro sling is not totally "correct," I don't think, because the color is a little browner than the mustard shade of the Kerr Thompson slings, but I find it more attractive. The older slings are my favorite; they're easier to adjust. However, I haven't found a source for repros.