Now The Fourth Amendment Under Attack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Mike45

Mike45

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:shooting,hunting,fishing,drinking,eating.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:52 AM

For some of the same type BS reasoning by the govt as stated above is why the South wanted to be separated from the North. It didn't have shit to do with slavery like the revisionists rewrote history.

#22 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:58 AM

Hey Wolfer, you'd love AZ. I lived out there for 16yrs. lots of room to shoot a 50. Heck, I even worked for McMillian Arms in the late 80's and shot a butt load of M-88's that we were making for the Navy. Around here it's harder to shoot because of all the farms and livestock. They are building a Shooting Range not too far from where I live but I'm not sure when it'll be done. We need to pick a spot somewhere between Nashville and Knoxville and see how many people we can bring together. Cookville would be a good spot about mid way between both cities. Maybe we could meet once a month at one of the resturants to talk about what's going on in the gun world and have dinner. We might even see if someone that lived in the area had enough land to build a small shooting area on. Anyone out there in the Cookville TN. area want to host an E.Tennessee gun club? wink.gif

#23 wolfer113

wolfer113

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Guns,Shooting,Knob Creek,Gun Matches,Hunting,Building Guns etc

Posted 29 March 2004 - 01:42 PM

some good thoughts there tnfrank....what about making it a middle tennessee shooting club....that'll be in the center and closer for everyone not only in tennessee but joining states....also...if needed...it wouldn't be out of reach for connections i have for heavy equipment...it could support itself easily and grow by having some matches and membership.......

#24 Balder

Balder

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:01 PM

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

#25 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:36 PM

I'd join up Wolfer, if we could get it going. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll talk a bit about it. cool.gif

#26 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:39 PM

NDLawyer, while I respect your opinion as a legal professional, I still feel that this majority opinion is a big mistake, and a further errosion of our constitutional rights. Yes, this opinion, by the Fifth Circuit, is only binding, for now, in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. However, said opinion could, indeed, be used by other circuit courts throughout the U.S., for guidance!!! ohmy.gif sad.gif I must agree with the dissenting judges, in this case. I highly recomend that all of you focus on the dissenting opinion (pp.33-60). Just click on the link provided by NDLawyer. blink.gif unsure.gif Best Regards, Walter

#27 NDLawyer

NDLawyer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, firearms in general, hunting, reading (almost anything, fiction or nonfiction), golf, computers, history.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

Walter:

I agree with you completely, I just wanted to point out some issue with the opinion. I take it very seriously whenever one of our constitutionally guaranteed civil rights is eroded either by any part of the governement.

I still stick with the bad facts make bad law conclusion:

1. An occupant of the residence gave police consent to enter, which is one of the exceptions to the 4th Amendment warrant requirement.

2. Mr. Gould was a known violent felon

3. The brilliant Mr. Gould had made recent threats to kill some local judges.

Do I agree with the conclusion of the majority? HELL NO. Can I see where their decision may be affirmed by the Supreme Court? Unfortunately, Yes, even though I would hate to see it happen, both as a private citizen and as one who sees violations of the Fourth and Fifth amendments on a daily basis.

Curious how a judge never believes an accused felon over the police unless you have a LOT of supporting evidence. Even then it is not unusual to have a judge overrule a motion to suppress and have to wait and hope an appellate court will set things straight.

#28 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

Maybe the renowned barrister Jim Sturdivant can argue the Constitutionality in front of the Supreme Court? Or maybe get the same lawyer who successfully sued a high school women's basketball coach 25 years after that coach asked his client to lose 10 lbs. She claimed she had suffered irreparable damage from the remark. Amazing that these ambulance chasers find jurors who would return a guilty verdict and OK a 3 million award.