Seymour Drum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vollon

vollon

• Regular Group
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 04:44 AM

This saturday I'm going to purchase a Seymour drum magazine in a gun shop here in Brussels. biggrin.gif
I idn't saw the drum yet but shop owner told me it is in good working conditioning , no rust etc.
He is asking $700 for the piece.
Do ya'll think this is a good price for a Seymour drum ?

#2 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1634 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:58 AM

$700 would be an OK price in the US, depending on condition. Sincethe US can not import such items anymore prices will or should remain high.
I would doubt that the rest of the world commands the same prices, as the rest of the world has no such restrictions.
So I think in Brussels that sounds high. I would ask Murray a memeber of this board (send him an email) what he thinks. He is in New Zealand and might have better input.

#3 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2444 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:41 AM

I agree with Sig. The price would be the going rate for a Nice Seymour drum in the U.S. One would think the price would be cheaper in Europe.

#4 Balder

Balder

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:23 AM

The going price in this part of Europe (Norway) would be about $ 500 - 600. There aren't too many of them here either, although they can still be bought new from Numrich/GPC for approx. $ 175 +additional export fees and all the paperwork.

Balder