Looking For A Thompson Smith

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

The "(so called) rolleyes.gif rivits dry.gif " holding my rear sight to one of my West Hurley are loose. I'm looking for a Thompson smith in Western Ill. or Eastern IA who can install solid rivits properly with the nice saucer shaped depression. I will also need the front sight pinned if they can do that as well. No offense to PK or anyone on the coasts I just would like to drop one of my kids off and pick it it the following week without a lot of turn-about time. Please contact me at

Bisley45@hotmail.com

or if you have the phone # of such a smith please pass it along

Thanks
BB

#2 ODS9091

ODS9091

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:14 AM

KINDA OFF-SUBJECT, BUT I HAVE HAD A POST ON THE REISING BOARD FOR A FEW DAYS NOW WITH NO RESPONSE. IS THERE A REISING DOCTOR OUT THERE SIMILIAR TO WHAT P.K. DOES WITH THOMPSONS? SEE REISING POST FOR MORE SPECIFICS. I AM LOCATED IN ALABAMA, BUT ANYWHERE IS ACCEPTABLE, NOT JUST NECESSARILY HERE IN THE DEEP SOUTH.

#3 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

Ray,

Check with Colonial Arms in Selma. They have a website. Believe that it is www.colonialarms.com

#4 ODS9091

ODS9091

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

ISN'T THAT RED LYLES? A FRIEND OF MINE BOUGHT A 28 FROM HIM. HE TURNED DOWN THE FINS TO EMULATE A 21 AND PUT ALL COLT 21 INTERNALS IN IT AFTER HAND LAPPING ALL INTERNAL SURFACES...SMMOOOOTTTHHHH OPERATOR ph34r.gif