WTK: Where To Find Values Of W. Hurley's

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 whitegold

whitegold

• Regular Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 04:03 PM

I'm looking for values on West Hurleys and market demand. I'm ready to make first purchase and would like to have a starting point. I'm considering either a semi or full-auto with three digit serials. These would be safe queens not shooters (unfortunately). Any help in suggesting sites or books is appreciated. Thanks for the post!

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:37 PM

Welcome, Whitegold!

Serial numbers aside, expect anywhere from a very low 7K to as high as 9K for a full auto West Hurley. When I see them come up on, say, subguns.com, they go within a few days or less. I paid $7200 for mine plus case and drum/sticks, and feel I got a good deal. Oh, and take a gander at the Thompson FAQ pinned to the top of the forum, too.

#3 Johnny.45

Johnny.45

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:16 PM

Whitegold,

I'm looking at WH TSMG's also. They seem to range in price from 7K to 11K. It depends what accessories come with the gun (especially L Drums) and whether the gun is privately owned or at a Dealer. Check out subguns.com and sturmgewehr .com for pricing. This Board has a wealth of knowledge though.

Good Luck,

Johnny

#4 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:40 AM

Whitegold & Johnny.45

Welcome to our smile.gif board, Chris cool.gif is correct about the 7K to 9K figure that you will have to pay sad.gif for a good WH shooter.

New listing as of 8-11-03 on Sturmgewehr.com is just what you guys are looking around for wink.gif and seams to be priced right at $7,900.00 unsure.gif . Paid $7,100.00 blink.gif for mine about a year ago. (Bad part is, he only has one dry.gif ---No Fighting You Two laugh.gif !!!)

Good Luck ph34r.gif ,

Jim cool.gif

#5 Johnny.45

Johnny.45

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 02:19 PM

TOMMY SMG,

Thanks for the tip. I looked at that gun @ Sturmgewehr.com and indeed 7.9k is very fair, but I found another 1928 for 7.8K and I'm starting the process of buying it because the seller claims it is a reliable shooter. During my searches I saw many WHs that ranged from mid 7k to 11.5k. The higher priced ones were M1s at Big Dealer sites. I'm not saying they're getting these prices, but they are listing them for these higher prices.

Thanks,
Johnny

#6 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 12 August 2003 - 02:44 PM

Hope you guys don't mind, but I split this topic and moved the excellent NFA discussion to a new post.

#7 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 12 August 2003 - 03:49 PM

"Split the topic"???? blink.gif !!!!!!, man Chris huh.gif , your getting good on this new board. wink.gif

Nope, I don't mind at all biggrin.gif .

Jim smile.gif

#8 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:22 PM

Chris, not at all. smile.gif

Regards, Walter