Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:12 PM

user posted image

MORE HERE

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:02 PM

Great shots. Very nice case. Did you make it? Details, details. Prices and all that poop.

#3 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (full auto 45 @ Apr 14 2004, 06:02 PM)
Great shots. Very nice case. Did you make it? Details, details. Prices and all that poop.

Ditto...

Looks like a great piece. Much better than the one I bought.

#4 rsilvers

rsilvers

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

Greg Fox
(407) 339-1001
Greg Fox
AFox919853@aol.com

#5 rsilvers

rsilvers

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:32 PM

He has 'Police' cases and 'FBI' cases. The Police case has the side buckles, balances better when loaded due to better magazine placement, and has metal (rather than leather) corners. Colors are red, blue, black, purple. Red is not one of the more original colors, but I simply liked it best in person when I saw them all.

I compared it side by side to an original. They use original hardware except for the part that holds the main handle to the top. The original hardware is embossed and this one is flat. Also, the texture of the original covering is a little different. But overall, seems to be the best copy. They are $580 I think. A lot for a factory made item, but he sits there and makes them one at a time so it is fine.

BTW, one dealer at the Creek had an aweful condition original for $2500. I thought they were normally $$800-1000 or so.

#6 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:56 AM

Case is REALLY nice looking. Looks like a MUST have. biggrin.gif

#7 rsilvers

rsilvers

• Regular Group
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:56 AM

I never saw a Kahr Arms case, and I know they are too long for a TSMG, but how do they look?

#8 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

Kahr cases - In quality - you get what you pay for!

#9 timkel

timkel

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:NRA Patron member
    Atlas Shrugged

Posted 15 April 2004 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (rsilvers @ Apr 15 2004, 09:56 AM)
I never saw a Kahr Arms case, and I know they are too long for a TSMG, but how do they look?

This is a pic of a modified Khar case.
The quality is much lower then the above Fox cases.
user posted image

Edited by timkel, 15 April 2004 - 03:45 PM.

#10 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:04 PM

Here's a picture of the case I got from greg at the Creek. It is a used case but it is a older one he used for a sample or something like that. I will use it for the range and what not. I still have to get a new one from him. I feel bad I haven't as of yet.
Greg, you need a web site with your cases on there so I can plug it. wink! wink!

user posted image

#11 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Hi Mike:

A web site is a great idea but at this point I'm not "computer savy" enough to figure out how to make one - maybe in the near future. Thanks for the thought. Speaking of "savy" - those are great pictures of the red case that Ron posted. I've got a good digital camera but mine don't come out like that!

Thanks,

Greg Fox

#12 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Beautiful work on the cases!

#13 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4584 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:36 PM

Greg, let me work on some ideas for you. I might be able to help you on the website for the cases. Let me do some playing around.

oh, post #1100, yiiipeee !

#14 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:43 AM

I have one of Greg's cases. I was thinking of modifying it with some metal strips that slide out from the bottom. That would keep the empty case from tipping backwards. When the strips are retracted, you shouldn't be able to see them.

#15 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:44 AM

RSilvers-- The case looks great. It's good to see one in red. I wondered what it would look like in that color. I think it goes good with the wood.