• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 REISINGSTAR

REISINGSTAR

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:35 PM

John1976-DC Chris is right.Always enjoy what you have and stay positive towards the gun community.BUT REMEMBER: Don't take these guys too seriously.Enjoy them and learn from them.Anyone who is deeply steeped in a hobby lives for the details and the controversy!!It would be really boring if we were "nice" all the time.(I'm waiting for my bitch moment to occur-LOL).I watched the board for a long time before I first posted-but I really did'nt enjoy it nearly as much until I jumped in.I own a Kahr(THOMPSON) semi-auto that I love dearly,along with a Reising 50 that is really cool(just don't drop it in the sand).Someday,maybe,possibly,if enough relatives die and remember me,...a full auto thompson,and maybe not.....Still I adore the Thompson mystic and have committed "American Thunder",and "American Legend" to memory.....see i an starting to write like ron..wink.. Keep posting and remember whatever you do...keep smokin(thanks colt21)

REISINGSTAR laugh.gif

#62 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3480 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

hey new guy glad you joined us.............you can't read all of my posts since i deleted a ton of them,but every once and awhile you might find one you like!! wink!!

hang in..............you don't need tough skin.maybea little armor........thats all............ron

#63 john1976

john1976

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the positive words guys.

One thing I do like about this board vs the others..... no lack of opinions or opinionated people.

Really, in all fairness, my complaints are only with a few posters.

#64 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

I don't have any experience with the Kahr, but I like the concept of a factory SBR. If it should need tweaking, then that's part of the gun game. I don't know why people have to bait others with something they know is going to provoke a response. This is supposed to be a happy ocassion. Let's not bicker and argue over 'oo killed 'oo. I'm a Colt owner, but I don't see a problem with the Kahr SBR. It's not a 1921AC, but that wasn't the original question. The Norinco 1897 trench guns aren't original Winchesters, but they serve a purpose. A $300 repro German paratrooper helmet or jumpsmock isn't a $3500-$5000 WWII original, but not too many reinactors are going to run around in an original helmet or jumpsmock. Just a thought guys.

#65 SecondAmend

SecondAmend

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:52 AM

There's plenty of people who consider my 2001 vintage Colt SAA which was made by Colt at the Colt Custom Shop a "replica" because it's not a first generation SAA. The snobbery is not limited to Thompson guns by any means.

On the other hand I shoot my SAA any time I want without fear of breaking a priceless, never to be replaced part of American history.

#66 Jay Baker

Jay Baker

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, history, science fiction, old movies.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:04 AM

SecondAmend, I've been thinking about buying one of those. It'd be fitting to wear one while I'm shooting the W Hurley laugh.gif