Thompson Leather Scabbard Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MGM

MGM

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:00 AM

I recently saw a few WWII Thompson leather scabbards for sale, one of which was in very good condition. I was curious if anyone knew a good price range for one. These, I am told, went on a motorcycle. Thank you.

#2 junkyard4$

junkyard4$

• Regular Group
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:42 PM

Around $100-$200. The one I have looks very nice on my bike. I got it for $120 on Ebay.

#3 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:05 AM

I thought we had a discussion about this before? Did you search for this?

Ayway, there is another one on evilbay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/.....MEBWA:IT&rd=1

Bid like crazy!

#4 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:48 AM

I am posting the link to the last conversation about this:

http://www.machinegu...873&hl=scabbard

The "new" old one in that ebay add went as high as $432, and did not meet reserve. I thought I remember seeing them for much more sane prices.

#5 Waffen Und Bier

Waffen Und Bier

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Like the name says "Guns and beer" (and really hot chicks who like guns and beer).

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:30 PM

I've bought a couple of originals for the M1 Rifle over the last few years with the horsey straps for $100-150. Resold them for more at gunshows. I would think the Thompson ones would go for more than the rifle ones. Just a thought.

#6 MGM

MGM

• Regular Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:48 PM

Thank you very much for the input. One price I saw for a "new" old one was $500. I thought this was a bit much.