Arsenal Found In Staten Island Home

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 02 May 2004 - 01:41 PM

Zamm--
Sounds good. If I ever get a show there, we'll have to go museum hopping. As for the guns, guess I'd better leave them at home. I guess that's the world we live in.

#22 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:47 PM

Not to long ago someone was arrested for a un-related crime and when the house was searched, the "weapons" were laid out on a table and displayed on the evening news as an "arsenal". If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Two 30-06 bolt action deer rifles, a 12 gauge over/under trap gun and 3 sporting pistols ( 2 revolvers and one semi 9 mm, which of course was reffered to as a "full automatic" pistol). Yes, this was a gun nut, throw away the key and all that.
What's the use...aggghhh!
Zamm

From what I understand, this is what gun owners in jolly old England faced before they were forced to disarm themselves. Any person owning a firearm was shown in the news as mentally unstable, and more than one firearm was an arsenal, even if they were flintlocks. The issue of the explosives is outside this point. Having those devices in any state is just plain stupid, and the people need to face the music for having such peices in the house, especially with a child in the house.

As far as media's portraial of arsenals, I have seen these. Thay focus on the firearm they think is the most "assault weapon" like and try to say that is all that they had, even if all they had was four or five single shot 410 shotguns and a .22 pistol. The owner is then said to be a "right wing extreemist" with a possible connection to Timothy McVeigh or other "right wing" orginizations . We are all demonized because we like firearms.

Scott