- - - - -

Double Posting

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 05:34 AM

I see a lot of double, and even triple posting lately. I did it myself a few days ago. I tink I know why. Lately, when you hit the post button, nothing seems to happen. If you cancel and hit it again, you may end up with a double posting of the same message. I have learned to wait several minutes before trying again. No biggie. I am not sure you can delete a message once it is posted. I'll clean up the extras ifin ya can't.

CG

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:09 PM

Well, I thought it was just me, but several of you have emailed me regarding double, triple, and quadruple posts today. And, to top it off, I think I just deleted one double post by Murray, and he deleted the other one! Sorry, Murray. You'll have to repost it. I'll lay off deleting double posts until I am sure you guys aren't deleting the one good one!

#3 Murray

Murray

New Zealand Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:1921 and 1928 Thompsons, Luger pistols.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

Yep Chris,
The exact same thing happened to me, I submitted my post and nothing seemed to happen, so I submitted it again. No problems I have reposted the message.
Regards
Murray,
PS Does anyone what an Irish Sword 3 digit serial number 1921 Colt one off the "East Side" shipment captured in County Mayo in 1942. One of the cach of 111 discovered and shown on page 64 of Tracie Hills book.
Price US$10,500.00. I am selling one of my Colts to pay for the trip to visit you guys. sad.gif

#4 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

Happening again. No biggie, but hit "post" and then go have a beer. Can take a few minutes for the server to respond.

#5 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

Murray, if we could get it in the US, I would take it in a heart beat. BUT............................just now how to find that loop hole.

#6 hughlong

hughlong

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:lots of stuff...including all kinds of thompsons and accessories

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:15 PM

my apologies...i tripled up on one tonight...my fault. guess i just got impatient.

#7 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

• 1939 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:22 PM

biff!

#8 1921A

1921A

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:45 PM

Murray

If you can swing it try to take in one of the Knob Creek Machinegun Shoots. I think you'd like it. Shoots in April and October. I'd like to meet you and compare toys. I might make the SAR show - not sure yet.

Greg Fox