2 replies to this topic

#1 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:46 AM

Did this pouch that held 4-5 mags. loosely inside, was it really used in WW2? I looked in 'American Thunder' & also in a TCN newsletter that was talking about WW2 canvas and didn't see it listed in either one. Any idea where I could get one (if it was really used & is documented as such)? Thanks in advance. Brent huh.gif

#2 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:43 PM

I have one marked "Hoosier 1942." They were popular with Parachute Infantry units where they replaced rigger made pouches after Normandy. Remember that the TO&E called for a pretty small number of Thompsons as opposed to M-1 Rifles in "leg" units. Capacity is 6 30 rd. mags.

Edited by LSU Tiger, 08 May 2004 - 02:52 PM.

#3 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:00 PM

An interesting type is made by Bayonet, Inc. . They've come up with the British made version.