• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce L

Bruce L

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:46 AM

I think its appropriate that we take a moment to reflect on the sacrifices made by the Greatest Generation on this, the 59th of VE Day. I'm blessed that I will once again be able to share it with my father, Cpl. Robert Lieberman.

#2 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:45 PM

Yes, fifty-nine years ago, the US and it's Allies brought a mad man whose name is still a synonym terror to the end of his rule. Sadly, it took 285,000+ Americans to do it. Well done, boys. Rest in peace.

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:06 AM

I noticed it wasn't on the evening news. CBS (communist broadcast system) did say a thing.

#4 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:19 AM

VE Day,... 285,000 KIA...if cbs or the rest of the media slanted WWII like today...there wouldn`t be a VE Day or a VJ Day... and we`d be speaking German or Japanese...or Russian for that matter...and that`s right out of the mouths of several WWII Veterans who visit my shop on occasion,my .02,out. wink.gif

#5 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:03 PM

Gen. Patton did think we should re-arm the Germans and go after Stalin... He was right. wink.gif