Wh 12-13k Ouch!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:22 AM

I haven't been looking for Thompsons as long as some of you guys, but it sure seems these prices have shot up faster in the past months than I have ever remembered. Seems like I recall a study by one of you, comparing typical investment returns with the rise of Thompson prices. You indicated that they have remained about the same. I wonder if this study still holds true or do we see a trend that Thompsons will exceed your typical investments.

#22 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

The upside to most of us here is that we already owne some form of Thompson...and therefore benefit monitarily,albeit at sale time.It`s true I would acquire more if prices were lower,but we all would be cryin`if the value of NFA dropped dramatically for some reason.These high prices are supported by something...or a combination of things...maybe we should set aside a day and not buy any guns..wait...what am I saying...where`s my meds... wink.gif

#23 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:44 PM

Actually, two! Did you see the episode where Saunders was surrounded, out of ammo, so he grabs his thompson by the barrel and swings it like a bat, smashing it in pieces. Right off hand, I'm not sure he did that, maybe didn't want the Germans to get it.