Blue Book Semiauto Values

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nedry

nedry

• Regular Group
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:29 PM

Just wondering what reasonable prices were on some pieces. I've been checking the Blue Book, but the asking prices I see over at GunsAmerica are frequently double to triple or more Blue Book. Anybody know what's reasonable on the following, or have any alternate internet source suggestions?

pre-ban 1927A-5 "pistol" (Blue Book $1050 @100%, GunsAmerica classified $3K cond. "as-new"--ie, UNKNOWN due to no photo)
10mm 1927A-1 (Blue Book $825 @100%, GunsAmerica classified $3K "as-new"--see comment above)

Thanks much!

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4555 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:35 PM

Those are people fishing for yuppies...er, I mean guppies.

#3 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:46 PM

I put very little faith in so called "blue books" of any kind. My experience is that price varies with region. The internet auction sites, well, you can get a good deal, but they seem to cater to those with more dollars than sense. It's easy to get in a bidding war over something, too. I sold an unissued WW II US Marine marked cartridge belt on eBay for $325.00! It's only worth $100 to $125, but the buyer got "tunnel vision."

#4 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:49 PM

A few months ago I bought an A5 semi pistol for $1.500.00 with hard case and a 39 round drum off GunsAmerica. The A5 that Ralph has listed now at $3K is way off base price wise as far as I'm concerned. Look at the prices of all his guns and make your own conclusions... But back to your question I would think you're looking at around 1 to $1.5K for the gun alone. I feel my purchase with all that was included, was under the market value as the A5 just doesn't show up that much anywhere. At the BigReno gunshow he had is .22 cal A3 for I think $2.4K at his table, and the table just north of his had one for $850.00. I would think ole Ralph should have picked it up a made a few K but he didn't.... wink.gif

#5 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

You very rarely find a bargin at GunsAmerica. GunBroker.com has better prices but still tend to be a bit high. I would monitor GunBroker for the going prices then figure slightly less to get a better market value.

#6 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

I've seen Ralph at the local shows here. Yeah high priced, considering he wants $2500.00 for a WH "C" Drum!