- - - - -

C&r Permit

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 43FordGPW

43FordGPW

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I've a 1943 Ford Jeep, it took me 2 1/2 to restore and I <br>like to duck hunt.<br>

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

Hey Guys got my C&R today 71 days. They have spelled my last name wrong. What a mess. Probley another 71 days...................... sad.gif
Joe

#2 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

I was looking into a C&R license and was reading it only took 10-14 days.
I guess that information was wrong. dry.gif

#3 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

Your going to have to call the ATFE. They will supply you with an address to send back your original License. You will then have your corrected copy in about three weeks.

#4 LSU Tiger

LSU Tiger

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons from the 1700's to present day, pipe smokig and collecting, straight razor shaving, collecting WW II US uniforms, weapons, and equipment. Thompsons, especially!

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:19 PM

I mailed my application last week. The clock is ticking...

#5 45fan

45fan

• Regular Group
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:47 PM

By law, the BATFE has 60 days in which to act on your C&R FFL application. They WILL run longer sometimes unless you write a polite email (snail mail would work too but they respond well to email) citing the pertinent provision of the CFR's. I'm sorry I don't have the provision handy but it can be found on BATFE's web site.

Not precisely on topic but I hope this helps someone.

Sam

#6 TSMG28

TSMG28

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:02 PM

I received my C&R earlier this year (after a couple phone calls). The lady that I spoke to had mis-read my address and sent it somewhere else. She claimed I had not written the address very well. She was right. It was TYPED.

Oh well, I got the license, and that is what's important. The re-mailed license arrived in less than a week.

Roger

#7 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (TSMG28 @ May 11 2004, 12:02 PM)
She claimed I had not written the address very well. She was right. It was TYPED.

Bawhahahaha....laugh.gif

I remember the time I tried to tell someone that I called and no one was home... "funny didn't catch you on the message machine or caller ID?" "Uh ummmm maybe I misdialed"..... yea that's the ticket.... I man up now......

#8 43FordGPW

43FordGPW

• Regular Group
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I've a 1943 Ford Jeep, it took me 2 1/2 to restore and I <br>like to duck hunt.<br>

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:56 PM

Talked to the Gal at the ATF office in Atlanta and its will go out Thursday mail. That was pretty quick.
Joe