Awb Poll On Cnn

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for listing this - I voted - I am always suspect of the Clinton News Network.

#22 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

Don't "just" vote! Pass the link on please...

#23 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:38 PM

I passed it on to the 1919.com group. Anyone with membership in the AR-15 or Ak sites need to post link there. They are very interested in the AWB.

#24 Deputy 89C6

Deputy 89C6

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:47 PM

I really find it incredible that in leiu of all that is going on in the world right now that these silly b******s are still shouting from their roof tops abot the evil assault rifles and the demonic magazines that feed them.

How about disarming....let's see.....hmmm....maybe Iraq?

There are places where people must actually fear being blown to hell by a machine gun while going about their daily business. In my 20+ years of law enforcement I personally have yet to see a crime commited with an assault rifle in my neck of the woods...yet Ohio, just next door, is trying to ban all assault type rifles. It drives me nuts....we have bigger things to worry about.

Steve

PS If anyone is interested my son was offered, and accepted a Ranger contract and as soon as he finishes jump school will join the 75th Ranger Battalion at Fort Benning...then...who knows?

#25 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

Deputy--
Congrats on your son. What an outstanding career!

#26 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:08 PM

Voted, looks like the pro side of the graph is stalled at 26%.

Me wonders if CNN is a Time Warner Co...

#27 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2911 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

VOTED

#28 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

Jack--
I noticed that too. My vote didn't look like it did any changes in the numbers. Maybe it takes a while to catch up.

#29 mp40

mp40

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns(what else?) cars (fords) and collecting modelguns (a primarily Japanese hobby, plastic/zinc hi-tech cap guns)

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

I also Voted! but again, I really don't think that our Votes are being counted...It would be bad for the Social engineers running this "poll" always remember, that a poll can (and will!) reflect the politics of the sponsors of the poll...Communist News Network is ran by Ted (I married a Communist) Turner and "Hannoy" Jane Fonda great people there eh? I know that there must be more than the indicated numbers on the lift side of the poll but then again that would be very bad looking for CNN....

#30 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 09:52 PM

Voted...

#31 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:13 PM

I voted and passed it on to everyone I could think of. I noticed that I checked the results before I voted, and after I voted, no change for about 2 hours later it jumped about 1500 votes. So it must take a while.

#32 Z3BigDaddy

Z3BigDaddy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 3697 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Metal Detecting, Gun Trad'n

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:46 PM

You're right Mike, in fact it has moved 2% to our favor since P/K first posted... The key thing is to get the poll around to where the right people see it and vote... Vote and pass it on.....

Of course once they see the tide turning they will shut it down... Which still will be a victory for our side... The ole white flag!!!!!

#33 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:02 AM

After all it is put on by CNN (controled news network) so that means no matter what the out come, it will be in favor of extending it.

#34 randyron

randyron

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:10 AM

Voted, passed link on to MANY others, we'll see if their lifted button is working, maybe.

#35 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:32 AM

voted, for all the good a poll will do. Already sent letters to sen. and represenitives saying lift or I will vote against you next election. too bad these are not the people getting beheaded in Iraq, that might change their tune in a hurry.

BB

#36 randyron

randyron

• Regular Group
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:27 AM

A lot of the people I sent it to, had their virus softwar reject it, probably wouldn't let them connect to a communist website.

#37 Lancer

Lancer

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1055 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

Does anyone know, will it count if you vote more than once?

#38 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:21 PM

I have posted that Link on many of the different sites already. Also, if you already voted, vote again! The number is now at 28%

#39 knobcreeknut

knobcreeknut

• Regular Group
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

voted

#40 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:42 PM

Heck, I voted twice. I started to wonder if the poll was diverting votes against the renewal to the pro-renewal side. I guess a lot of sheeple will buy anything the leftist tell them, even their "evil assault weapon" lies. I still cannot believe the million mom goose step crowd is trying to use the notion that children will start to bring those "evil" guns to school if the ban is lifted. Do they really think most Americans are that stupid to believe that horse hockey? Between them, the Demounists, and our wonderfully "unbiased" media spreading these lies, this will become a tough fight. As far as Communist News Network is concerned, I never trust anything said on that communist controlled propaganda sewage outlet.

Scott