Rum Runners, Bootleggers And Moonshiners

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:06 PM

Speaking of drinking and let's not forget, Thompsons, the History channel is featuring a special show on Rum Runners, Moonshiners, and Bootleggers tonight at 9:00 P.M. est/ 8:00 P.M.central. I'm sure the Tommy Gun will make an appearance. biggrin.gif Regards, Walter

#2 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:03 PM

Walter,

Thanks for the tip wink.gif , I'll be sure and tune-in tonight. The History Channel is one of my favorite cool.gif channels to watch, you'll see more Thompsons' in action on there then anywhere else.

Thanks, biggrin.gif
Jim

PS - Wonder if we'll see "PK" on there???? (remember those pictures) laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

#3 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:12 PM

You're welcome Tommy SMG! cool.gif When home, I usually don't stray too far from this board and the History Channel. rolleyes.gif I'm sure it will be an interesting show. smile.gif Regards, Walter

#4 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:05 PM

I wish I could watch it. My wife has Lifetime on (Television for Man Bashers) and wont turn over the remote.

Time for a new TV!!!!!!!

Jr

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:11 PM

Yes John, his and hers. Why not? rolleyes.gif Regards, Walter

#6 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 07:45 PM

Got to see the last half of the show, but sure enough, the Thompson made a few appearances.

#7 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:02 PM

Jim FromFL, I thought it was a fascinating show, tying everything in from John Hancock (one of the original illegal rum runners, founding father, and wealthiest colonial at the time) to Prohibition, Al Capone, The Purple Gang, the ST. Valentine's Day Massacre, and NASCAR (being founded by moonshiners). I only wish there were more Tommys blazing on film. biggrin.gif Regards, Walter

#8 TOMMY SMG

TOMMY SMG

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:My interests are four wheeling, target shooting, JD 4020 tractors, chating with you guys on this site and my Thompson SMG collection.

Posted 12 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

Walter,

I, like you, watched the whole show last night and enjoyed it very much wink.gif , but thought they would have had a little more of the "Blazin Tommy Guns" going on sad.gif . Still a great show to watch smile.gif .

(Would have been a better show with more Tommys to watch!!! tongue.gif ...)

If you get the chance pick-up a DVD called "WINDTALKERS" wink.gif with Nicholas Cage in it. This show has some "Kick-Ass" biggrin.gif Thompsons Blazen, gun fights early on and later in the movie. Based on World War II Battle of Saipan. A must see movie, you'll love it wink.gif .

Jim cool.gif

#9 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Jim, I had no Idea. I'll have to do that. smile.gif

Regards, Walter

#10 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3455 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 10:52 PM

Yes. The opening moments of "Windtalkers" with Cage and those TSMG's is extraordinary!