Ww2 Reenacting

this is off topic but i thought u guys might be able to help. I would like to get into ww2 reenacting. Im 18 and i live in Flint Michigan. I would like to be a ww2 Ranger reenacter. I have no idea where to start. I would like to know if anyone knows a web site of any units in my area?

Thanks

Kirk

Hey Kirk,

Here is a link to a very good WWII website. You can get alot of good info here about reenacting in general and also Ranger reenacting. http://ww2reenactors.proboards20.com

There is a section for Rangers and probably one of the best guys to talk to is "Doc" Rojas. You'll see his posts there. My father and I started a Ranger group here in Oklahoma a few years ago, but there are quite a few good ranger groups up in your area. the 5th Rangers up in the Midwest are one of the best - that's Doc's group. Good Luck, welcome to the hobby.

Jaron Hudgins

Go to At the Front and hit the links board. Big Red is right, there are several fine Ranger units here in Michigan. You can find the units through At the Fronts links either by unit listings or using the society links to go right to the TSG or HRS web sites to see thier individual unit listings.

As for re-enacting in Michigan, What are you doing June 5th? The Detroit Chapter of the 82nd AB Association will having a party at my house in Berkley(12mi&Woodward) that day with tons of WWII AB vets present. This will be a chance to meet a few local re-enactors as well. All you have to bring is a folding chair(and pup tent to if you want to crash here).I am the CO of the 505PIR Pathfinders here in SE Michigan.

Drop me an email and we will hook you up with a Ranger unit