J Curtis Earl's Ghost Lives On.........

I picked up the paperwork today for my Thompson (to get my LEO sig, not ATF approval yet) and I saw the OLD papers for the gun.

LO and BEHOLD this damn gun came from J Curtis Earl back in November of 1967. Curtis used a form 5 back then to transfer it from him to old-old-old owner. this owner tried to register it in 68, but was denied as the gun was already registered to him (the form 5). this guy kept the gun until the end of 1986 and sold it to the old-old owner. this old-old-old owner guy vaguely remembers paying $300 for the dewat from earl. the guy that bought it in 1986 kept it as a dewat until about 1991 when he traded to the old owner (current owner until my paperwork is approved) for an AR15 SP1 semi. this old owner is a class 2. he rewated this gun back in 1991.

so I to am now associated with earl.

as luck would have it. when i was looking at the old 4467 and form 5, i looked the guy up in the phone book and gave him a call. he was VERY surprised to get a call on the gun. he figured the gun had been destroyed years ago. he even asked if it was still dewatted. it was kind of neat hearing about the gun. this gun has stayed in within a 30 mile radius since 1967, wierd. the guy who bought this gun from earl used to own 2 thompsons, both savages and BOTH UK guns. he doesn't have the other savage anymore, i asked ;-)

i bough this gun in the nick of time too. some guy calls every week offering $1,000 more than what i paid for it, but the dealer kept his word to me and declined. then another guy calls about every 3 weeks trying to buy it still. whew!

Craig