• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 85th Engineer

85th Engineer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

Looks like CNN has lost a bit of propabanda material. We've come from way behind!

#2 Bruce V 21/28

Bruce V 21/28

• Regular Group
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:TSMGs; Hunting; Motorcyles (HDs) Metal Detecting; History.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:28 PM

It will be interesting to see how much "air time" this gets.

#3 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:34 PM

What I'm still trying to figure out is how we jumped from 30+ all the way to 50+ percent is such a short time. Do you know how many votes that would take? Well, I don't know either, but it had to be a whopping number. That happened within a 30 min period of time. Do you think the NRA had a organized effort where everyone voted together that quickly. Or did someone just hack the box? Any theories?

#4 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4624 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:39 PM

I think the word got out to the pro-gunners about this. It jumped almost 100k vote in a day.

#5 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

It was Wolf Blitzer and Paula Zahn who cooked the books. They are closet NFA aficionados.

#6 85th Engineer

85th Engineer

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:23 AM

Any of you that live in states with Representatives that voted to extend the ban ought to send them the link to the CNN vote, or at least let them know where it stands. Even though it's not a scientific poll, it'll make em nervous. And realizing that those Congressmen who vote against the Second Amendment aren't really committed to Constitutional principles, and that as such they are only in it for the self-serving power, they are the ones who get rattled by polls more than most. So rattle em!

#7 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1031 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:42 AM

Congrats Sgt! Your sending info to the other boards had a wonderful effect. rolleyes.gif

#8 21 smoker

21 smoker

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1333 posts
  • Interests:collecting nfa, old cars, huntin` n fishin`, reloading ammo

NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR
    MVPA RESTORATION MEMBER
    MARINE CORP LEAGUE PISTOL TEAM MEMBER

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

I just love the impact all the members here have on this vote...hope november vote goes the same...keep it up!!!,out. wink.gif

#9 M1tommygun

M1tommygun

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Military history especially WW2. Firearms. Some aviation and muscle cars.

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:32 AM

In NC we have Sen. Dole who voted against renewing the ban, and Sen. Edwards who voted to renew it. A good note though is that Edwards said he will not run for reelection. He is too buisy wanting to be President. That is good since he has voted for all the guncontrol measures brought forth in the senate. We have several excellent prospective replacements looking for election. I will vote for one of them. I hope the take note of this poll and vote likewise.

Scott