3 replies to this topic

#1 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:12 AM

Well, it finally happened. F4 cleared on a WH 1928 I purchased from a long time family friend. It's not in mint condition but pretty nice and runs great. Came with a dozen stick mags and a Seymor L drum. The drum had a dent in the side so while I was waiting for the F4 to clear it went to Merle getting all fixed up and re-parked.

I wish someone would have showed me the 'secret handshake' though. On my first trip out I'm all happy and ready to blast away. Standing on a gravel logging road I go to slide the drum in and it goes clean out the other side of the gun promptly landing on the ground! Fully loaded of course! I about crapped! Fortunately it didn't get dented (again) but has a couple new battle scars on Merle's fresh park job. sad.gif The rest of the day was pretty uneventful with a bunch of brass ending up on the ground and a dirt bank getting rototilled pretty good. And to say the least, I'm a bit more careful installing the drum on the gun!

From the same friend I bought a WH M1 semi and I'm currently waiting on an F1 to clear so I can make it into a SBR. It's going to get a round trip ticket to PK's shop (he doesn't know it yet) to get the barrel cut and a few other things once the F1 is in hand. The gun is pretty much mint and I'm pretty sure it's only been fired a few times. Looking forward to having it look more like a tommy should with a shorter barrel.

All in all I'm pretty stoked. I'ts been fun learning about Thompsons and hanging out on this board. Franks Thompson book was a good read as well.

#2 ODS9091

ODS9091

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:15 PM

Yes I did that to my friends Westy as well...thank goodness we were inside and it slide right out the other side and landed on the couch....Congrats on your latest acquisition biggrin.gif

#3 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:04 PM

ll right! Another Westy fan. Now where's the pictures? You know we have to have pictures.

#4 marks

marks

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Full auto weapons.

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:52 AM

O.K., I uploaded a few pics of the Thompson brothers smile.gif

The Westy 28:

user posted image

WH28_rt_side

WH28_rt_rcvr