• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Deputy 89C6

Deputy 89C6

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:49 AM

Hey guys. Just received the 1927A1 back from PK...wow!

He moved the compensator back and permanently pinned it to the barrel, changed the actuator knob, and did some mechanical work. Coupled with one Dan Blocks 1 1/2" longer fore ends it looks pretty cool. This is a great option for those who want a SA Thompson that looks more correct, but do not want to pay for a tax stamp on a semi auto.

I have photos...email me and I'll send them along. I can't figure out how to post them, but if someone who does know how wants to put them up, I'll email the file to them.

Great job PK...thanks!

Steve

#2 ducati650

ducati650

• Regular Group
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Black rifles, Motorcycles and Thompsons.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:07 PM

Here you go Steve. Makes a very nice difference. Well done.
Ed

user posted image

Edited by ducati650, 07 June 2004 - 09:41 PM.

#3 brian

brian

• Regular Group
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

what for sling do you have on it?

#4 Deputy 89C6

Deputy 89C6

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:21 PM

Brian...not sure if this is your question...but it's a 1944 Marine Corps marked rifle sling...nothing special....just looked the best of the slings I had available to put on the weapon.

BTW....I had to work today....grrrrr......but my son, who's home on leave ran 300 rounds through it with no malfunctions or feed problems. PK really knows his stuff. He even corrected the cosmetic goof I added to the weapon during a barrel removal attempt.

I had scheduled this weekend off for the submachinegun champion shoot at OTRPC, but was told I had to work today. My chief said something about duty, protect the public, keep your job, blah, blah, blah.

Tomorrow I am off (confirmed) and will be at the shoot.

"My chief told me that if I didn't quit throwing my badge on his desk everytime I quit my job, that he would have to have it refinished soon" laugh.gif

#5 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:22 AM

Deputy--
Extremely pretty gun. Its good to see someone enjoy the horizontal grip configuration.

#6 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:50 AM

Deputy,
Nice piece, looks great!
I've got an old Savage horizontal that I keep in my FBI case next to the mags...Swicth on and off every so often
for a change of pace. Bought it in the 70's for $8.00 at Sarco and widened
the interior to fit the shape of the 16 inch barrel.
I like the longer one, it fits the gun much better. Have to get me one of those, thanks for the pics.
Zamm

#7 timg953

timg953

• Regular Group
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons and 1911s

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:59 PM

I need one of those forends. Can I get the contact info for ordering one. That's a nice looking weapon.

#8 ducati650

ducati650

• Regular Group
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Black rifles, Motorcycles and Thompsons.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:42 AM

Thompson wood

#9 bug

bug

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1485 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, metalworking, woodworking, photography.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:07 PM

Very nice treatment for the 16" barrel. The flag in the backround of the last pic is a nice touch.

Bob D

#10 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 07 June 2004 - 02:27 PM

Sweet looking Thompson. I'd like to get my barrel cut and my comp. moved back on my 27a1 someday but can't afford it right now. Here's a pic of my baby.
user posted image

#11 Deputy 89C6

Deputy 89C6

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 09:40 PM

Wow....My son, who's home on leave from the Army put 500 rounds through this Kahr over the weekend without even one malfunction....that's pretty good.

I gave the carbine to my boy...thanks again Paul.

Steve

"For the first time in my life I am completely out of ammunition"

Bert...Tremors II sad.gif

#12 timg953

timg953

• Regular Group
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Military weapons and 1911s

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:27 PM

Thanks, I had the barrel cut and the comp moved back and the mag catch altered today. Looks much better, changed the balance a little for the better too. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic.