- - - - -

Grease Gun Parts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Junebug

Junebug

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts
  • Interests: Anything having to do with shooting, militaria, fishing, and old cars.

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:08 PM

Greetings to everyone. I haven't posted on the new board yet-and my first post is off-topic (jeez). Does anyone have or know where I can get a barrel assembly for a M3A1 Grease Gun? I have checked with Sarco and Gun Parts Corporation, but to no avail. I realize this is the Thompson board, but let's face it, this board is where the action is! Thanks in advance for your replies and your help. Respectfully,
John Eyster

#2 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:28 PM

John:

Even though you dare ask a question regarding the gun the replaced the Thompson, we'll let you!

Are you sure Sarco doesn't have anything? I assume you called, because I see them listed at http://www.sarcoinc.com/m3m3a1.html. If they are out, I'd start thinking about some places like Knob Creek in October.

#3 Junebug

Junebug

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts
  • Interests: Anything having to do with shooting, militaria, fishing, and old cars.

Posted 15 August 2003 - 08:59 PM

We all know the Thompson and the Grease Gun shouldn't even be mentioned together in the same sentence, but I appreciate your reply! The Grease Gun is still an interesting weapon, though.
I have adored the Thompson SMG since reading Sgt. Rock comics when I was a kid. I believe it (M1/M1A1) is a viable weapon even today, and I wouldn't hesitate to carry it into combat if that ever became necessary. You guys should consider yourselves blessed to own such awesome pieces of American history. Unfortunately I only have an M1A1 display gun built on a Philadelphia Ordnance receiver.

#4 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 15 August 2003 - 10:53 PM

I just sold mine barrel a while back, got a couple of manuals for the M3 posted on the M3 board if you need those. Can't help you with anything else

BB

#5 hawksnest

hawksnest

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1015 posts
  • Interests:Class III weapons

Posted 16 August 2003 - 04:56 PM

junebug: There are three (3) reproduction barrels with guidleamp nuts that were just listed for sale on sturmgewehr.

#6 Junebug

Junebug

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:58 PM

Thanks a LOT, hawksnest. I have never posted a question on this board that hasn't been resolved. I really appreciate it!

#7 Bisley45

Bisley45

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, 1911's, Collect & Shoot Colt Pistols and Revolvers, American Civil War, anything that shoots

Posted 16 August 2003 - 10:50 PM

Chuck, please E-mail me again and leave your E-mail adress and I'll send you pics of the grease gun manuals. Your phone # is nice but definately LONG DISTANCE E-mail is cheap; and in color

Thanks
BB