• 652 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:52 PM

Well done, Randall!

#22 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:13 PM

You guys make me think of my home town. The downtown area used to be alive with all those mom and pop stores and the local passenger train that made route through several of the neighboring towns. I remember riding that train with my mom, since we didn't have a family car. We would arrive back in town late at night and the streets were still alive with pedestrians who just like to take a stroll down to the community center. I went back for a visit this summer. Sadly, that little town is now dead; all the stores boarded up or burnt out. Drug dealers and dopers now walk the streets, the very same streets that our postwar dads took evening strolls with their families. Yea, something is really missing. I know there are still a lot of good people in our country, but I fear the growing waves of those who have no sense of history, tradition, or pride.

#23 TN.Frank

TN.Frank

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, firearms, Hockey, Drag Racing,Hockey,Bull Riding, and Hockey.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:38 PM

Heston should have ask Moore if "freedom of speach" wasn't limited to stump speaches and the printing press since our Founding Fathers didn't envision Cable TV and CamCorders so those things aren't protected in the 1st Amend. I think the acid test is "What weapons are necessary for a citizen/soldier to do their duty?" In which case you'll see that ALL small arms are protected under the 2nd. Amend. I don't care it its bolt action, semi-auto or full auto, if it's something that can and has been used by an individual person in a combat situation then it should be legal for a citizen of the United States to own, period. Nukes fall into the same catagory as artillery in that they are "crew served" and not arms in that sence of the word. I wish to God that some jerk ball like Moore would as me one of his stupid questions. I'd have an answer for him. I also hope that the Frogs keep his sorry ass over in france, that's where he belongs, not here in America with Freedom loving people. ph34r.gif

Edited by TN.Frank, 19 June 2004 - 04:39 PM.

#24 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:50 PM

Maybe Michael Moore should marry Rosie O'Donell; it would be an intresting couple wub.gif - a Communist and a Nazi.

Could you imagine their children?!? wacko.gif

They would all have birthmarks that look like a Swastika on top of a Sickle & Hammer!

Norm

#25 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

Yes, I knew there was a sinister Canadian connection to Moore's latest piece of leftist propaganda. I wonder if he ever attended the Josef Gobbels School of Spin! blink.gif mad.gif The Canadian firm Lions Gate Distributing, is one of the companies disseminating his latest dose of anti-American Red flotsam, masquerading as serious journalism. Lions Gate and/ or their principals are also partners with Moore. laugh.gif cool.gif Regards, Walter

P.S. Here is the link: http://www.indiewire...040602fahr.html