Thompson Mags

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cavediver

cavediver

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:All types of full auto weapons, Cannons and hunting.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:28 PM

I just found a good buy on 30 round mags at a place called cheaperthandirt.com in Dallas. They are selling the 30 rounders for $13.89 each. I bought 20 and thay still have about 60 and will sell untill they are gone. This seems reasonable for a good supply of shooters. Just thought I would pass this along.

#2 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:19 PM

As posted many times - 30s are not bad - the 20rd mags are short of junk.

#3 cavediver

cavediver

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:All types of full auto weapons, Cannons and hunting.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:08 PM

Ron,
Let me know Id like to buy some new mags to keep as new.
Thanks
Charles

#4 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:02 AM

Seems like a fair deal. There are several folks in Shotgun News with them at about $20 but cheaper is better. I have 10 brand new Thompson mag springs so I will probably get some cheapies, reblue them and swap springs. Now I just need to find a pouch to hold them in, I hear there was one that held 8 I would like to find.

Mark

#5 Motorcar

Motorcar

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:13 AM

Cavediver,

Let us know what they come in like. I was in Fort Wortless a couple of months ago at that very store. They have a retail side and internet sales all out of the same back room. I had the little girl bring out a half dozen 30 round mags and I left them all on the counter. All were Seymore and rode hard, put away wet. Lots of dents, rust, stuck followers etc. Hope you have better luck for a good price. smile.gif

#6 TNKen

TNKen

• Regular Group
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Firearms, machine guns, defensive handgun competition, snow skiing and ski patrol, my children

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:25 AM

I picked up some 30's from Tapco. About half Seymours, half Crosby. Good shooter mags, two like new, one sent back for replacement without question. All functioned and shoot well. At $15 a pop, not too bad.

Ken