Jump to content

- - - - -


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JDG


    Long Time Member

  • Regular Group
  • 76 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States of America
  • Interests:WW II military guns. Old Mopar hot rods and '73 to '79 Ford trucks. Peering through my telescope at the stars and planets. Riding my dirt bike and back packing.

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone insure their Thompson through Collectibles Insurance Agency? I am looking to insure my gun collection through someone else besides Allstate, who currently has my home owners insurance. Any suggestions? Does anyone prefer one insurance company over another? Thanks for any input!!

  • 0

#2 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

    RKI Member

  • Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Location:North Central Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:38 PM

I placed all items of value under riders with replacement value, over and above the house and content insurance. Gave the insurance company a list of every item covered under the rider.
  • 0

#3 The1930sRust


    Respected Member and Board Donor

  • Moderator
  • 2010 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Confederate, Kentucky
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 17 August 2003 - 07:21 PM

I dropped my rider after I discovered that, in ten months time, I could have paid for a really nice fire safe. I decided to take my chances with the fire safe over paying insurance.
  • 0

#4 JimFromFL


    Long Time RKI Member

  • Regular Group
  • 1996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

Posted 17 August 2003 - 09:11 PM

I use the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs as they had the better prices.
Figure something about .013 per dollar of insurance.

If you have questions, give them a call... 877 672 3006
  • 0

#5 Sig


    Respected Member and Board Benefactor

  • Moderator
  • 1759 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:10 AM

I use Collectibles Insurance Agency (CIA). They are much less expense then NRA endorsed. They have multiple Collector hobbies insurance from toy trains to you name it and are endorsed by several Collector associations. I think some of the coverages with Collectors is superior to the NRA endorsed such as coverage in transit whether by common carrier or your own vehicle. I would suggest giving this a review as well.


  • 0