Thompson Wood For Sale

I saw this on the smith-wessonforum this morning. I have no association with the seller. I don't even know if it is a good price I don't need them for myself, and thought someone here might be interested.

Here is a quote from the message:

"1928 Thompson stocks that are new old stock! They have the cross bolt and never have had a screw put in. No nicks, scratches absolutely mint! $25"

Here is a link to the message:

http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/ubb/Forum...TML/009577.html

Regards,

Dave

see stuff is coming out of the woodwork already,wink!! a few years ago you could buy them for $50.00 for complete set..........i bet no metal for $25.00 and if he has it; it's another $100.00 to boot..........just watch as more catch on...........all that stuff in basement,closet,shed, barn, garage.under the bed........its for a thompson.............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yep!! take care,ron

At local guns shows (local to me, anyway) there's a guy who sells new '28 cross-bolt butt stocks with only the cross-bolt and washers for $6.00. He also has "select" ones (which are no better than the others in my opinion) for $20.00.

He won't say what he paid but he did say he bought hundreds of them from a couple who was burning them for firewood.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Jun 21 2004, 05:06 PM)
There is a guy in the midwest who managed to bottle the ashes from the burnt stocks and sells it for $3.99.

art is that the> smoky mountain burnt thompson stock company ltd.???i heard urban legend,limited ed.buy them now!!!

wink!!

yes it is getting nut's.................

take care,ron

Okay, at the risk of being accused of Thompson Greed...

I've got a very nice '28 NON-cross bolt stock I'd like to sell.

It's STRIPPED, no metal whatsoever. No dings, or scratches to speak of,

except for one small, like a quarter inch, 'chip' at the edge of the slot where the

rear sling swivel goes. It has a nice straight grain pattern in the wood.

And the finish is nice and clean.

If I didn't already have an extra, I'd keep it.

So, I'd like to sell it for $45 including 1st class postage.

Email me if you're interested.