Built By George Himself...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Same guy that has or had a $10.5 WH has this prize. If it's a FA gun, well maybe. If not, get out the crack pipe!

chrome plated NAC gun

#2 Sig

Sig

Respected Member and Board Benefactor

• 1630 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 06:33 PM

It says converted 1927 so my guess is full auto.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

Or SBR

#4 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:42 PM

Not that I'm interested in purchasing, but I was curious about this one myself. I dropped him an email and asked if it was FA and also requested pictures. I'll let you know if he gets back to me. As fast as Thompsons sell, I'll bet it disappears before he gets a chance to answer.

#5 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:13 PM

"A picture is (or would be) worth a thousand words."

The part about it using "modified" magazines sounds like a WH/Kahr 27A1 to me. dry.gif

It would be intresting to see.

#6 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

I too dropped him a email asking for the same. Let's see what we get.

#7 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:54 PM

It would be obscene to ask that kind of price for a Kahr 27. I was thinking it might be one of commemoratives. Well, we'll see.

#8 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:58 AM

I received a response. Apparently this is a semi that had been converted to full auto with a registered kit. I'm still waiting for pictures and the make of the gun. I'm guessing it will be a converted late model semi, probably without a fire control selector. If that's the case, I don't see the advantage of this, since you could almost get the W.H. full auto for this price.

#9 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Sgt @ Jun 22 2004, 12:58 AM)
If that's the case, I don't see the advantage of this, since you could almost get the W.H. full auto for this price.

True but then the W.H. full auto you get would not have been assembled by Mr. Numrich himself which I am sure justifies the extra few grand in price. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

#10 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:55 AM

Jim-
Not sure why I didn't think of that. You always did have a NAC for such things. biggrin.gif

#11 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 11:30 AM

I wonder if this gun was converted with a Broadhead Armoury registered firing pin? blink.gif

#12 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:32 PM

But NAC guns sell for less than non NAC guns. So wouldn't one assembled by George himself be discounted below a run of the mill WH gun?

#13 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3477 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:27 PM

sold number #3284 semi to full auto by george........in wisc.1995................

might be the same one,you never know.........

ole respected one....ron

#14 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:34 PM

I remember one guy telling me that he had a 27A1 that had an extensivly modified 28 bolt and acuator in it. The receiver had been modified also and registered as a machine gun before the 86 ban.

Who knows whats out there! blink.gif

Norm

#15 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:33 AM

I never heard back from the seller. I wonder if it's sold, or maybe he just read our comments and decided we weren't worth a response. I would still like to know it that piece had been an early conversion. Anyone else hear anything?

#16 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:32 PM

For those of you who might be interested, here is an update on this conversion gun: It has FA selector switch and is definitely one of the 27s that had a registered conversion.
http://home.comcast....g/Misc/1927.jpg
http://home.comcast....sc/Closeup2.jpg

#17 TD.

TD.

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2911 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

Ron - It is NO 3284. Are these converted by some type of kit?

#18 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:34 PM

It's not a bad looking conversion, but is it worth $10,500? huh.gif

#19 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3456 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

Figure a sear, or firing pin, conversion registered part is worth $5K-$6K today and add the price of the weapon, $1K-$2K?, and you got maybe $8K.

#20 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3477 posts
  • Interests:Whatever we can do in Life

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (TD. @ Jun 28 2004, 09:52 PM)
Ron - It is NO 3284. Are these converted by some type of kit?

well well.one of my babies.it's now worth $25,000.00 wink!!{since i owned it} ha!ha!

i know who i sold it to,and i don't think it is the same guy selling it.it was also a range rental gun for awhile.

i am sure reblued by now...............it was half the price that it is for sale now for...............offer him $8,500.00 as i am sure he is still making a killing at that...........it was a semi 27 converted to full auto............and registered as such.before 1986...................

it would be something different to have because it still say's semi 27 thompson carbine on the side of it.unless since remarked................go for it you can't lose............
and its a full auto.......
i have no intention of buying it back..............just nice to know something turned up for somebody.............wink!! take care,ron