Where Is This?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:57 AM

Here is an actuator that "says" it is located in the US.... but isn't this sounding similar to someone who got a lower from a place like this and then all hell broke loose for him?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...2253432161&rd=1

Where is this really from? A $30 actuator would be a good thing - if it is truly from the US. Does this guy mean he is on US property - a base - and would that still be considered "importing" from him?

Confusing to my small brain.

#2 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4627 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

He is on a military base in Europa somewhere. But where we don't know. That guy in Sweden sells loads of these things every month. Mike, the reserve has not been met. I would say his reserve is around $75-$100.

#3 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

"RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!!!!"...from Monty Python: Search for the Holy Grail.

I would stay away from it.

Norm

#4 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3471 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 11:11 AM

A U.S. military base located in a foreign country is not considered U.S. soil. That distinction is reserved for the embassies.

The Swede "lottalover" apparently didn't cotton to his bottomless box of British marked actuator parts selling below $500. He just had to institute that reserve price just in case "rashabra," et al, wasn't around to spur the bids above the acceptable figure.

#5 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 12:14 PM

Isn't this the similar issue that popped up a little while ago with the young lad that allegedly had the ATF banging on his door for bringing in parts illegally?
He kept asking advise and posting all of the details about the situation.