Tannerite

Well, I looked at the Tannerite website and this looks like a total blast! (pun intended)

However, is this really legal? And I wonder if it is as safe as they say it is.

In a word "nope"... You really need a fast moving bulllet with good amount of shock... I was told that 2,000 fps min........

Side note----> The tannerite guy just got busted, I was told at the gun show I went to last weekend.... Something to do with fireworks sales.....

I have two cases sitting behind me as I keyboard this reply... And if you have never played with it it is a BLAST!!!!! And yes it is safe... a binary explosive, meaning two inert substances untill combined and detonated.... It also does not create heat, so no big worries on setting the world on fire... I would get some now while you still can.... Something this fun can't be legal much longer if you know what I mean...

BTW http://www.weaponeer.net/groupbuy/default.asp does a group buy on this every once in a while.... That is where I bought mine....

Dan Tanner didn't get "busted". the state fire marshal confiscated a shipment of 1.4G (consumer, stuff you and i can buy at a stand) fireworks that he had ordered from an importer/wholesaler in Wisconsin. i guess this fire marshal has a vested ($$$) interest in another firework wholesaler in that state and this guy is always hasseling other fireworks dealers.

it had NOTHING to do with tannerite and yes tannerite is legal.

Tanner has all the licenses/permits mandated my federal law and the state still hounds him. i guess he got a call from the state police saying the state fire marshal F-ed up big time, with this confiscation.

Kewl!

They set one off at the Van shoot and I was impressed, actually it was awesome!

The guy that set it up used a BAR...

Still might get some just to play with... Boy's and their toys.

I've never bought any (guess I should while we still can) but I've had the pleasure of blowing some up. Man, I'll tell you, that stuff will rock!

QUOTE (craig101 @ Jun 30 2004, 02:45 PM)
Dan Tanner didn't get "busted". the state fire marshal confiscated a shipment of 1.4G (consumer, stuff you and i can buy at a stand) fireworks that he had ordered from an importer/wholesaler in Wisconsin. i guess this fire marshal has a vested ($$$) interest in another firework wholesaler in that state and this guy is always hasseling other fireworks dealers.

it had NOTHING to do with tannerite and yes tannerite is legal.

Tanner has all the licenses/permits mandated my federal law and the state still hounds him. i guess he got a call from the state police saying the state fire marshal F-ed up big time, with this confiscation.

Isn't that what I said??? If someone gets a shipment confiscated I consider that busted.... Please see my quote below--->

"Side note----> The tannerite guy just got busted, I was told at the gun show I went to last weekend.... Something to do with fireworks sales.....

"

At least it wasn't a shipment of WD40!! Thank Gawd!!!