• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Remo Williams

Remo Williams

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Jim,
What make of suppressor is that on your M3? I am starting to shop around for a can to go with my M3A1. Your setup looks nicer than any other I have seen. Thanks.

#22 Tex

Tex

• Regular Group
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything that goes "Boom".

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Bob @ Jul 8 2004, 03:59 PM)
Fixed. standard bolt.

My AO M1 has the (M1) bolt with the sand cuts and I have not timed that one yet.

Wow!
I wouldn't have guessed that high. I suppose that with the M1 bolt it would raise the rate maybe 100+ rpm? Depending on the brand of ammo used, of course. It would be interesting to find that out.
I knew my gun would really spit 'em out but I never would have thought that it would be zipping along that fast. cool.gif

#23 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Remo Williams @ Jul 8 2004, 06:27 PM)
Jim,
What make of suppressor is that on your M3? I am starting to shop around for a can to go with my M3A1. Your setup looks nicer than any other I have seen. Thanks.

It's a TL Guns suppressor(now out of business), it was quiet when I got it from them but had an annoying high pitched "ping" noise after every shot. I took it apart and discovered that the 4" multiple ported barrel had no form of sound "trapping" or "defusing" material around the ported barrel. So when the gases exhausted into that section of the suppressor tube it would bleed back into the barrel and out the ejection port via the barrel chamber. I fixed that problem by simply wrapping very fine stainless steel screen/mesh around the barrel and tying the mesh coiled tightly with wire. No more "ping".
As far as I know, there are not many Class 2's that make grease gun suppressors right now, Belt fed Bob has a recent manufactured grease gun can, I can't recall who made his though.

#24 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:54 AM

Hi Jim,

It's a Tim Bixler can I got from Kevin at AAC. It too had the "ping" until I packed the expansion chamber with brass wool. Now you hear the bolt mostly. We need to test the Thompsons again...when we going to "the pit"?

#25 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Class 2 manufacturer but mostly deal in and do transfers of Class 3 stuff. Benchmark Barrels works under my FFL and manufactures match grade rifle barrels.

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:36 AM

Maybe Saturday?

#26 Bob

Bob

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:58 AM

Dang, working.

#27 Supershooter

Supershooter

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 07:50 PM

I can't quite read the maker of your suppressor, Jim. Apprears to be a two stage. Can you relate to us this particular suppressor's virtues, compare with other styles? Intregal, I assume. Thinking of putting one on mine.

Rich

#28 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:32 PM

It's a TL Guns(out of business). The two stage look is for appearances only, it's actually one straight tube with a defusing chamber around the ported barrel (cut to 3"or4" I think) and the rest of the length is a welded stack of "k" baffles. The larger diameter front was just pressed on the main tube. It gives it a Sionics suppressor look and smoothes out the silhouette of the overall package.

#29 jim

jim

• Regular Group
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

The only Grease Gun suppressor I've compared it to is Beltfedbob's(listed above) his is made to duplicate the original in looks and length, his is longer and heavier. I think mine's still quieter. wink.gif