• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:37 PM

All NFA Rules Apply and full payment before paperwork starts.
Buyer pays transfer tax, insurance and shipping.
After you say you want the weapon I must receive full payment the next day.
You must call to buy this weapon. No eMail answered.

On the Subguns Board .....can I please tell this ass to kiss mine??

I don't need it that bad .......

#2 John Jr

John Jr

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1956 posts
  • Interests:Plenty

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:53 PM

laugh.gif Tell him to call JC DEVINE.

#3 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 07 July 2004 - 11:59 PM

Hawkeye, I totally agree with you!!! blink.gif cool.gif Does this wonderful excuse for a human being think he has the 'Hope Diamond,' or what? biggrin.gif laugh.gif Regards, Walter

#4 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

The only missing from his ad was a list of the consequences if you don't pay, or are late, or you can't legally own a firearm. I love it when someone already has a disaster plan mapped out and is willing to share it with you like you're already a jerk from day one. When I see these listings on Evilbay, I ignore them and move on.

There is a fairtly well know class III person who had some items for sale yet stated that he did not want any "anonymous emails". What the $#&% is an anonymous email? He stated this twice and made some crappy remarks after he received some emails that we obviously too anonymous. Do I have to provide my address, phone number, income statement and Social Security number when I ask a simple question? I refuse to buy from him, either. Butthead.

#5 JimFromFL

JimFromFL

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1877 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:34 AM

Hmmm, base on what you posted, it makes it seem the guy wants you to purchase the item sight unseen.

#6 OldFalGuy

OldFalGuy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:Sporting Clays, Skeet, Reloading and just plain Living

Posted 08 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

Speaking of anon email, this seller is using Yahoo and isn't that kinda open to anon abuse also?
Hope Damond, nope.. a side fold AK... for 14K seems a little strong currently, might be right on the money next year though who knows?? I know there are fewer of them than 16's but they are not quite as versatile IMHO but they are fun to run but I wouldn't have anything to do with this guy either-He was either abused as a child or had someone give him the run around on another sale- to each his own I guess.

Mark

#7 fred

fred

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:My 1928AC, MGs in general, 1960's toys.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:58 PM

Phil,

You and I both agree 100% on what an anonymous email is. Hotmail, no adress on record, change it often, etc. The guy I was talking about seemed to have a problem answering an email through AOL about an item HE was selling. I did not understand what he was looking for. Almsot every Internet sale starts with an offer by a seller and then a first question asked via email from a potential buyer. Obviously, more information is needed by both partries before money and goods are exchanged, but he had a problem with several "first questions" since he considered my (and other) AOL emails to be too "anonymous" for his liking, even to answer a question. To this day, I still don't know what he really wanted. Strange.

#8 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

We should all email him and ask lots of questions. laugh.gif

#9 Tom28

Tom28

• Regular Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (PhilOhio @ Jul 8 2004, 09:37 PM)
I just wanted to toss out that Hotmail.com info because I know a lot of big-time Internet marketers, who are really up to speed on this (which I'm not), won't mess with Hotmail people.  So if anybody here is doing a one-shot kind of sale, and you're getting funny vibes from somebody with a Hotmail address, that may at least be cause for the caution flag to go up.

Yep, that's about the size of it. Anybody interested in talkin' about my two-digit, matching numbers, Colt 1921, with a couple scratches on the actuator knob...probably in the $4.5K range, I guess?...or possibly an even trade for a nice Sten MK-II...just check with me through the board here...mebbe we could talk. It goes to my hotmail address. I gotta raise money for a new riding mower, and I hardly never shoot the Tommy no more.

'Course, I don't do no deals without gittin' the green light from Phil first; we're pretty close; don't wanta get slickered by somebody without a hotmail address. I don't know much about this gun stuff. I found the Thompson in an old barn in Cosmoline. Cosmoline, Missouri, that is. And I rigisturd it in that '68 amnesty thing.

Oh yes, I'd need all the money up front if we do a deal. I kud show ya the gun later. Trust me.