I've Been Robbed!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

woke this morning to go make a dollar... walk around my car to get in it and guess what? Drivers side rims/tires gone! Passenger side still there.

The fucking nerve of people! I didn't even make the first payment on this thing yet! $1000 to replace the tires/rims from the dealer!!! CAN YOU SAY PISSED OFF?! mad.gif Oh thanks for leaving me the brick asshole.

user posted image

#2 Babyface Nelson

Babyface Nelson

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

Oh man -what a bummer !!! Sorry to hear/see about that. Might want to invest in some wheel locking nuts. Hope they catch those guys.

#3 First Sergeant

First Sergeant

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:36 PM

Nick,

Sorry to hear/see the result of you being a victim. From experience of either taking the report or following up the complaint, they'll be back to get the other two and possibly the new set as well. More than likely they got spooked or the whole car would be up on blocks (bricks). Do what you can to protect them; wheel locks really do work for the more opportunistic thief. The pros actually take orders for specific wheels/tires and not much will stop them.

Good luck !! It's no fun being a victim.

Chuck

#4 Guest_phill1012k_*

Guest_phill1012k_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:36 PM

those swine! Someone crashed into my car while it was parked up then drove off...people like that should be pushed down a long flight of stairs...

#5 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:40 PM

Bastards! ohmy.gif mad.gif I feel the same way about the liberals trying constantly to take my guns away. Whether it is illegal or legal, in my mind, it is still robbery! blink.gif Nick,I hope someone nails the scum-bag(s)!!! cool.gif Best Regards, Walter

#6 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:47 PM

I bought the wheel locks first thing this morning, hopefully the other two will still be there when I get home tonight.

What really kills me is a block away there are some cars with expensive custom rims on them, these were just plain old stock factory rims.

#7 LIONHART

LIONHART

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2785 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons of course. All Manufactures and Models.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:41 PM

Easy fix to this problem. Just wait for them to show up tonight, and have your gun ready Nick. Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up! Just some friendly advise...

#8 Norm

Norm

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2514 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons (of course), Electronics, Physics, History, Mechanics, Collecting License Plates.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:00 PM

One word comes to mind - A$$holes!!!

#9 Sgt

Sgt

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2047 posts
  • Interests:Militaria, Chess, Tools, Sherlock Holmes, Printmaking, UFOs, Ghosts, Electronics, Comic Books, Long walks in the rain, with my Savage 1928a1. (just kidding on the last one; it doesn't have to be raining) -- Ralph

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:10 PM

Nick--
That definitely sucks. My mother's vacant house was broken in to twice. I put a new deadbolt on for the second time and found the kitchen door in the backyard. I agree with the other guys, they'll be back for the other wheels. It might be a little trouble, but if you can catch them on surveillance video, that would feel really sweet. Good luck!

#10 TM76

TM76

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley ,Traveling, Shooting my Tommy Gun, Target shooting, Teaching my kids,grandkids safety with firearms.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

Nick ,all you got to do to catch them ,is turn the car around and wait for them to come back for the other TWO !!
See Ya
Tino

#11 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:17 PM

Wonder if they'd really have the balls to show up again tonight? Someone is about to get Buford Puser'ed tonight.

#12 sten guy

sten guy

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:48 PM

I have a short barreled shotgun, and I was looking for a good pet name for it. I caught some people prowling around my house one night..... One of the prowlers named it "Jesus" when he saw and heard it.

STEN

#13 Hawkeye_Joe

Hawkeye_Joe

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2486 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:09 PM

Nick, start looking in Pawn shops ...they probably grabbed them to get some quick cash...check junk yards and other places as well.

#14 Walter63a

Walter63a

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1430 posts
  • Interests:Guns (Thompsons, Lugers, and Walthers mostly), History, Politics, Education, Nature, etc.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (sten guy @ Jul 13 2004, 03:48 PM)
I have a short barreled shotgun, and I was looking for a good pet name for it. I caught some people prowling around my house one night..... One of the prowlers named it "Jesus" when he saw and heard it.

STEN

Sten, I'm ROFLMFAO! biggrin.gif laugh.gif It sounds like those 'night creatures' got religion real fast! cool.gif tongue.gif Regards, Walter

#15 normandy123

normandy123

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:29 PM

Factory rims and tire sets ususally go to auto body repair shops who put out a list of what they are looking for to pro theives...they pay more than going rate...i imagine you have a chop shop, or that mentality of those guys, working in your neighborhood...
the auto body repair shops bill the insurance company big bucks for the replacement and they pay nothin hardly to the professional crooks...
let the local P.D. auto theft guys know...if you have connections...they might just shine you on too...'cause somebody just brought in a fresh box of Krispy Kremes....tee...hee....

#16 full auto 45

full auto 45

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 4581 posts
  • Interests:Thompson's, Any Machinegun, Harley's and scuba diving. In that order.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:14 PM

You can buy a cheap security camera that will hook up to your computer and turn on when it senses motion. A buddy uses it at his office. Works great. Some are even color videos. Very small also. You can hide it in a window sill and no one would know it's there!

#17 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:32 PM

Nick,
That sucks!!
Know the feeling to go out in the morning and find things amiss.
My whole car was stolen. For a few seconds you don't get it, then it sinks in. Violation!
Zamm

#18 Nick Iannamico

Nick Iannamico

Founding Admin

• 906 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

I thought it was a joke, i walked to the end of the drive to see if they were sitting there.

#19 The1930sRust

The1930sRust

Respected Member and Board Donor

• 1939 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, obviously. Proud West Hurley 1928 and Savage M1 owner, cave explorer, and KSP trooper (retired). Also interested in 1920-1930 American history. I appreciate all Thompson models and their owners.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:17 PM

Nick:

Boy, that car sure does (did) look fast! I bet you've violated the speed laws in it numerous times. You're better off. With only two tires, you'll never get a speeding ticket. What with it going around in circles and all....;-)

Seriously, though I am a country cop, I've never worked a TBUT where the car was up on blocks! I thought that was a cliche'.....

#20 Zamm

Zamm

Respected Member & Artist

• Regular Group
  • 831 posts
  • Interests:Thompsons, and all their goodies!<br>Obsolete Victorian Photomechanical processes,<br>Etching, Engraving and all Printmaking,<br>Entomology, specializing in Coleoptera,<br>Arachnology, specializing in Theraphosidae.

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:35 PM

Seriously, though I am a country cop, I've never worked a TBUT where the car was up on blocks! I thought that was a cliche'.....

Chris,
So did I! Hell here in NY they just leave the fricken thing on the ground! smile.gif
Zamm